AFL pics

Alphabet Man

Tell me that's not the goal judge with the yellow shirt on... booooooo!

Yes it is, umpires wear either Red, Yellow, Orange or White, depending on who is playing and what jumpers they are wearing.

Most clubs only have one uniform set, though the Away team wears white shorts.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Yes it is, umpires wear either Red, Yellow, Orange or White, depending on who is playing and what jumpers they are wearing.

except when its Sydney-Hawthorn

and shorts....yeah away wears white but sometimes both wear dark for TV (St Kilda- Kangaroos at the top, kangas home game but for tv we wore black; and the away team wears dark against Sydney and Sydney don't wear white because it makes them look stupid)

rmered you may know if its true, prior to colour tv they all wore Black for home and White for away, right?

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

except when its Sydney-Hawthorn

and shorts....yeah away wears white but sometimes both wear dark for TV (St Kilda- Kangaroos at the top, kangas home game but for tv we wore black; and the away team wears dark against Sydney and Sydney don't wear white because it makes them look stupid)

rmered you may know if its true, prior to colour tv they all wore Black for home and White for away, right?

True. Prior to colour TV, which we got in late 1974, in time for the 1975 season was the first time clubs wore other coloured shorts.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

and this.... (can't finad any real pictures, but i made this in photoshop)

6537.jpg

Don't go there. They were shocking.

I thought they were going to wear them in Heritage week, but they changed their minds.

The other sad thing about the red shorts was that they were a different (darker) red to the sash.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived