Cardinals fans are friggin' weird.

Chazberg

Their catch phrase???  That's a commercial!  He's not even a cardinals announcer anymore...he's national.

Actually, Joe Buck still calls some St. Louis Cardinals' games in the local market.

You're right, but not all the time. I'm sure he does more national games between that and football than Cardinal Reg. Season games.

He's a good anouncer, I really do like him. I'd like to see him and Chip Carey start announcing together.

Its a funny commercial, but Slam a lama ding dong isn't their sloagan this year.

Its 4 (innings, games) and done. :)

Hey, at least we beat the cubs :P

Congrats Red Sox! (maybe I'll jinx it!)

You're right, but not all the time.  I'm sure he does more national games between that and football than Cardinal Reg. Season games.

Actually, he calls most of the St. Louis Cardinals' home games. The only games that he misses are when he's covering a national FOX Major League Baseball broadcast during the summer, or a national FOX NFL broadcast/MLB playoff broadcast in the fall. Given the fact that a MLB team's home schedule is 81 games (and not all of those are going to be in conflict with a national FOX broadcast), I'd estimate that Buck is calling at least 60 of the Cardinals' home games a year. He remains a considerable sports broadcast presence in St. Louis. Hell... he still lives in the area.

As for "Slam-A-Lam-A-Ding Dong", how often do you think that commercial runs on local broadcasts of St. Louis Cardinals' baseball?

damn, I watched most of the games too, I thought I remember hearing Mike Shannon most of the time. But I did listen to Radio broadcasts alot driving. So maybe there-in lies the confusion. There are three different stations that broadcast cardinal games during the year here, I only remember him on Fox Sports Midwest on the occational weekend games. Oh well, you've proved you're point.

Its still not our slogan...

Actually, Joe Buck is still a St. Louis Cardinals announcer.

And a shame to his family name, as far as I'm concerned.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

They did the same for game one in Boston with their Trainers and Bat Boys...

And Boston has much weirder fans than St. Louis, so chill the frigg out.

JQK, almost sounds like you're defending Boston. Could it be possible? :D

Lay off the coke, Joe. That stuff's no good for you......

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Let me just say as a Sox fan, I have no beef w/ Cards fans. That being said, Sox and Yankee fans are a much different breed than Cards fans, and it's easy to see. You will never hear "WHO'S YOUR DADDY?" or "WHO'S YOUR DEALER?' chant at Busch Stadium. But that's ok. I respect the Cards fans, I like 'em, they are respectful. While I'm at it, let me just say thatI saw LOTS of cute, wholesome looking girls in the stands during yesterday's game. I would love to date a cute, wholesome looking Cardinal fan over a typical chick Sox fan. But that's just me : )

I'd love to date a Red Sox chick, just so, once again, the Yankees can give it to the Sox up the ass.........

And no, i have no class.... not during this past month anyways......

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

That "organ music" you speak of is the Budweiser theme song. That's not tradition, that's shameless marketing.

And, on top of it, "baseball's greatest fans" have been awful quiet lately... ^_^

Well, it's kinda somewhere in between. The team started playing that song when A-B owned the team, because it would be a good marketing ploy. From there it kind of took off and turned into a team tradition. When DeWitt bought the team, he reinstated Take Me Out to The Ballgame for the seventh inning stretch, but they still keep certain Gussie Busch favorites alive.

As for the fans, well, they are some of baseballs' best, if not the best, but have you ever watched a Rams game on TV? When good STL teams go bad, the fans shut up. (Well, in football, they just leave early or don't show up at all, but the Cards are different)

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

I will now say, that Game 4 was one of the most embarrassing moments in the history of St. Louis Baseball Cardinals fans. The entire game, the only noise you could hear on the Fox broadcast was a constant "Let's Go Red Sox" chant. That's really sad.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Archived