Cardinals fans are friggin' weird.

Chazberg

So I'm watching the player intros tonight, and first of all they have the stupidest, corniest sounding organ music pumping into the stadium. Then they introduce the BAT BOYS and TRAINERS. I DON'T CAAAARE. Then they show two fans in the stands dressed as Dr. Suess characters, and another guy with lame bird facepaint on. I felt like I was looking at a circus, or a daycare center. Cardinals fans need to grow up and get unlame.

P.S. Get the brooms out guys. :D

They did the same for game one in Boston with their Trainers and Bat Boys...

And Boston has much weirder fans than St. Louis, so chill the frigg out.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

So I'm watching the player intros tonight, and first of all they have the stupidest, corniest sounding organ music pumping into the stadium. Then they introduce the BAT BOYS and TRAINERS. I DON'T CAAAARE. Then they show two fans in the stands dressed as Dr. Suess characters, and another guy with lame bird facepaint on. I felt like I was looking at a circus, or a daycare center. Cardinals fans need to grow up and get unlame.

P.S. Get the brooms out guys. :D

Yes, and the clemett beards are just genius...

What about their catch phrase: "Slam-a Lam-a Ding Dong"?

Guess the Cardinals haven't thought that one through, and they won 105 games.

Maybe being an "idiot" could be a positive thing.

Their catch phrase??? That's a commercial! He's not even a cardinals announcer anymore...he's national.

They did the same for game one in Boston with their Trainers and Bat Boys...

And Boston has much weirder fans than St. Louis, so chill the frigg out.

JQK, almost sounds like you're defending Boston. Could it be possible? :D

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

I like how they introduce the trainers and whatnot, but I think it's kind of stupid how they introduce the bat boys.

It takes a lot more than the players to win a Championship, so I think giving credit to the guys who don't normally get it is a good thing.

IUe6Hvh.png

So, you would rather have everyone resembling a drunken mob scene? I think the Cards fans are awesome. They have a great blend of tradition (organ music), along with noticing and appreciating talent, even if it's from the opposing team. Hopefully, when the Redbirds move into the new Busch, they won't lose any of their atmosphere of the crappy concrete donut, as has happened in so many other new stadiums and arenas.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

So, you would rather have everyone resembling a drunken mob scene? I think the Cards fans are awesome. They have a great blend of tradition (organ music), along with noticing and appreciating talent, even if it's from the opposing team. Hopefully, when the Redbirds move into the new Busch, they won't lose any of their atmosphere of the crappy concrete donut, as has happened in so many other new stadiums and arenas.

That "organ music" you speak of is the Budweiser theme song. That's not tradition, that's shameless marketing.

And, on top of it, "baseball's greatest fans" have been awful quiet lately... ^_^

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I didn't like all those "Curse" or "1918" signs. It's ok for the Yankee fans because they hate the sox and they are jerkoffs, but I thought the cardnial fans were baseball fans, not calling on the curse to win.

I didn't like all those "Curse" or "1918" signs. It's ok for the Yankee fans because they hate the sox and they are jerkoffs, but I thought the cardnial fans were baseball fans, not calling on the curse to win.

They might as well, their pitching certainly isn't doing the job! :P

If all goes according to plan, NOBODY will be able to mention either the C word or 1918 again. And boy, will it be sweet!

ON.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Well, the best fans in the world certainly are NOT in Saint Louis, I tell you that much.

One of the freaks nearly attacked me today for having REVERSE THE CURSE written on my binder...I put it on there for the ALCS and just forgot to take it off.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Let me just say as a Sox fan, I have no beef w/ Cards fans. That being said, Sox and Yankee fans are a much different breed than Cards fans, and it's easy to see. You will never hear "WHO'S YOUR DADDY?" or "WHO'S YOUR DEALER?' chant at Busch Stadium. But that's ok. I respect the Cards fans, I like 'em, they are respectful. While I'm at it, let me just say thatI saw LOTS of cute, wholesome looking girls in the stands during yesterday's game. I would love to date a cute, wholesome looking Cardinal fan over a typical chick Sox fan. But that's just me : )

Their catch phrase???  That's a commercial!  He's not even a cardinals announcer anymore...he's national.

Actually, Joe Buck is still a St. Louis Cardinals announcer.

Buck, Dan McLaughlin and Al Hrabosky comprise the broadcast team for St. Louis Cardinals' games on Fox Sports Network Midwest. Buck calls play-by play for most of the Cardinals' home games, while McLaughlin takes on the play-by-play duties for all of the team's road games and whichever home games Buck doesn't work. Hrabosky is the color commentator on all broadcasts.

Archived