Calgary Stetsons concept

Stampman

Well, here's my inital concept for my SBL team-it's also the first baseball uniform I've tried, so I would appreciate c&c.

The template is STL Fanatic's--they work well in Paint--although I did some of the work in Publisher as well.

The ones with "Calgary" & "Stetsons" on them are the primaries.

The logo is from the city flag, and I recoloured the red version.

Thanks-

55b99fa1.png

20e4be84.png

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I like it.

I'm very surprised it's done in Paint. Looks good considering.

Where's the obligatory Maple Leaf? Or are Calgarians Cowboys, and not Canadians?

We don't have to slap a maple leaf on everything. A lot of people do but it can get almost as annoying as Texans putting a map of Texas or the Texas flag on everything. It just gets old after a while.

A few comments--and thanks for all of yours...

Chris--that's not the WHA Cowboy's logo--it's from the actual City of Calgary flag,

I've wanted to use it for a team before--but it didn't fit football or basketball-my other fantasy sports here, so far.

Here's the flag flying with the Canada & ALberta flags

Calgary Cowboys-similar-but not the same

I used red & white as they are Calgary's colour's (and also Canada's too-so I don't need a maple leaf-maybe I'll do a special Canada Day uni...)

I do think, now--that the "Calgary" on the grey jersey is a bit high...

I did the individual bits in Paint-except for the wordmarks, and then copied them into Publisher. I used Publisher to do the wordmarks, and put all the pieces together in Publisher--and saved in Publisher a s abitmap-I opened that bitmap in paint--did a couple of touch-ups and saved in Paint as a png.

So my concepts should look better now...

keep the comments coming...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived