UNM Lobos in blue

gosioux76

I don't have photos at the moment, but the University of New Mexico Lobos wore a navy blue alternate in their loss last night against Oregon. I'm only assuming these are new, since I haven't seen them before. I'm sure if I'm wrong it'll be pointed out.

It marks a departure from the red/white/silver scheme they normally wear. The uniforms were Navy with red trim and "LOBOS" written in a bold, sans serif font and numbers that, from appearances, look sorta similar to the Bengals numbers.

Still looking for a linkable picture.

That looks black to me, but I can see where the shiny material from which many b-ball uniforms seem to be cut these days could give the illusion of being navy blue depending upon the lighting in a photo.

According to the University of New Mexico (piecing together separate articles...), the official colors are Cherry, Silver, Black, and Teal. Teal was a part of the athletic color scheme until the early 80s. The picture shown is way too dark to be teal, so I say it's black.

If you look at any of the team logos, the only colors I see are Black,Cherry and Silver.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

According to the University of New Mexico (piecing together separate articles...), the official colors are Cherry, Silver, Black, and Teal. Teal was a part of the athletic color scheme until the early 80s. The picture shown is way too dark to be teal, so I say it's black.

If you look at any of the team logos, the only colors I see are Black,Cherry and Silver.

Interesting. I looked at some close-up photos of a recent year's team taken by my newspaper and the white uniforms have red and baby blue piping in it. I guess it was supposed to be teal.

Archived