Polars third jersey logo

iDonovan

Well the board is finally back and I have been pretty busy those few days...here is the first one I am currently working on. We are just finishing up a few things and it should be good to go. This was not how I would have liked it to be, but the customer made a lot of changes. I think its OK, but the logo seems to be floating now, not all tied together.

The third image was my original rough.

:D

polarkings.jpg

I assume that is supposed to be a polar bear? It's definitely clean, but it looks more like a dog than a bear.

Everyone, please welcome the new JamesCraven.

How is that not a Polar Bear? It looks like a dog, come on you are just trying to be an ass.

The snout and jawline seem long. Maybe that's why it looks a little dog-like.

The head definitely looks like it's floating inside the shield. There should be more shoulder/body lines underneath the head, so it looks like it has a body.

The bear looks very excited to be playing hockey :) Nice big happy smile.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Exactly, the snout is too long and pronounced. If it was more sloped and shorter, it would look more like a polar bear and less like a dog. Donovan asked for 2 cents, so I gave him my initial impression. The first thing I thought when I saw it was "dog." Do you think everyone who has different eyes than you is an ass? :lol:

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Exactly, the snout is too long and pronounced. If it was more sloped and shorter, it would look more like a polar bear and less like a dog. Donovan asked for 2 cents, so I gave him my initial impression. The first thing I thought when I saw it was "dog." Do you think everyone who has different eyes than you is an ass? :lol:

Nope but when you say it like you did the first time it made you look like an ass. The second time you said it was the correct way of giving constructive criticism. Remember it.

Please....David show me how to draw a Polar Bear :rolleyes:

Like this! :)

J/K... everybody cool it a little. One misworded comment does not a JamesCraven make.

Nice logo iDono! Looks sharp. It's your style, and it really works! 'Course, I'd've chosen a less complex font for "Kings", but if the customer likes it, that's all that matters.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Aside from integrating the head with the shield more, which it sounds like is beyond your control, I'd like to see more mass in the neck. And I'm not wild about the use of the Ole English style type in "Kings". But that may not have been your choice either.

All in all, wonderfully illustrated as per usual IDon.

Just my $0.02.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived