roster questions

geminijoe28

hey all

..im trying to set up my fantasy sports teams and i need help with some rosters...

how many players are on rosters for (active)

baseball

football

i dont want to know how many they can have overall..i want to know how many can play during an actual game..

i have nhl 2004 and nba 2k...and thus far it seems for hockey i can have

20 players (18players 2 goalies)

basketball

12/13...not sure at the moment..

but i dont know about baseball or football...

any help would be greatly appreciated

Joey

p.s. i think i might have put this in the wrong forum..so if i did i am sorry hopefully it can be moved to the right forum

For baseball it depends on the time of year. From the start to the beginning of September, I think it's 24. After September, it goes up to 40.

Football is 53, I think. And there's some weird rule about not being able to use your #3 QB until the 4th quarter, unless injuries force the substitution.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

For baseball it depends on the time of year. From the start to the beginning of September, I think it's 24. After September, it goes up to 40.

Football is 53, I think. And there's some weird rule about not being able to use your #3 QB until the 4th quarter, unless injuries force the substitution.

Football is actually 54, with there now being allowed to be 8 on the practice squad.

I think they are allowed up to 8 on IR as well.

And JP is right about the quarterback thing. The 'emergency' quarterback isn't allowed to play until the 4th quarter unless the other two are injured during the game.

• 2 weeks later...

In the NFL, the active roster is 53 but five of those are declared "inactive" before the game - so the game roster is 47 plus the #3 QB, who cannot play before the fourth quarter or he makes the #1 & 2 quarterbacks ineligible for the rest of the game.

Archived