St. louis steamers return to misl

yh

The St. Louis Steamers, once a premier franchise in the original MISL, are back. It looks like they are bringing back the original logo and wordmark that they used from 1979-87, however it is recolored. The original Steamers used a combination of light blue, royal blue and navy blue in their logo and their uniforms also incorporated all of those colors plus light green. The new logo is royal blue, red and silver, I guess combining the old with the new (there was a Steamers franchise in the WISL in 2000 that used a logo similar to the new/old one and they used the colors red, blue and silver).

Steamers Logo

yup, the old NPSL is pretty much the new MISL, although you might see it referred to as a merger between the NPSL and WISL. Go Wave :)

and this steamers franchsie is the same one as the one that was in the WISL

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The are also hosting the All Star game this year, but well I haven't seen the logo yet. Well there is news about a new team coming in this year posibbly San Antonio so that might be nice to see there logo too.

P.S. the league decided to go back to single point scoring to bring back that original MISL feel.... well at least i think thats why.

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

since as far as indoor soccer, all i've known is the wave and hoops-style scoring, i'll wait and see how that goes down.  if it makes the sidekicks and sockers happy, screw it, whatever then.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

This Steamer franchise is the same one that suspended operations out of the WISL a few years ago.  Daryl Doran is still the CEO and he has 4 players under contract from the prior team.  The team will play at the Family Arena which is great for me since my new office is ten minutes away.  I just wish they would have brought back the original colors.

Archived