Tennis: Safin beats Federer

Alphabet Man

that is right, Marat Safin has defeated the all-conquering Roger Federer in a thrilling 4 and a half hour marathon match last night. Match started at 7:30pm and ended at 12:30am this morning.

At least they postponed the doubles match scheduled to be played after it, two nights ago they had a match starting at 12:15am

Hewitt v Roddick tonight at 7:30 at Rod Laver Arena, i will be watching for Hewitt to beat Roddick and then beat Safin on Sunday night.....when the new rankings come out, Hewitt will number two in the world replacing Roddick because of Hewitt's win in Sydney last week

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Safin will win the whole thing.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

that is a big call, Hewitt should win tonight then he'll beat Safin on Sundee night

the whole crowd tonight will be supporting Hewitt, and also Roddick is well aware that unlike the Davis Cup final in Spain last year, the crowd will be quite (unless he grunts!)

I hope you didn't stay up past your bedtime to watch the match aussie.

Safin dominated after losing the first set.

Superior shot making and fantastic serving can overcome the elements (unfavorable crowd) anyday.

As for me, I got up at 3 AM to watch it. Then again, that's when I usually get up for work AND Safin is my favorite on tour. I wouldn't have missed that match unless I was about to have a baby :D

Safin downs Hewitt

Like I said, Safin will win the whole thing.

safinaussi6ep.jpg[safinaussie22ik.jpg

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I can't believe I stayed up til 3:30 to watch the beginning... I didn't stay up to see the whole thing, but it was pretty exciting and weird to see ESPN doing live coverage at the same time Girls Gone Wild commercials are on. :P

I hope you didn't stay up past your bedtime to watch the match aussie.

Safin dominated after losing the first set.

Superior shot making and fantastic serving can overcome the elements (unfavorable crowd) anyday.

As for me, I got up at 3 AM to watch it. Then again, that's when I usually get up for work AND Safin is my favorite on tour. I wouldn't have missed that match unless I was about to have a baby :D

Safin downs Hewitt

Like I said, Safin will win the whole thing.

safinaussi6ep.jpg[safinaussie22ik.jpg

it finished at about 10:40pm....i missed most of it cos i was on here seeing the whole 'Nick situation' unfold....

Archived