Carolina hurricanes concept

puckcool22

No multi-color helmets. See Bobcats, and wild concepts thread for why. Plus if you do make a multi-color helmet, you neeed to color it right.

Puckcool, Like the Idea and jersey, it would be better if they were still in Hartford.

this prob could never legally happen, but one could dream,

There's no reason this can't happen from a legal standpoint.  Unless you Al Davis, no one can reasonably assume they own the rights to a color scheme.  Besides, the ownership of the Hurricanes would own all the copyrights and trademarks of the Whalers, so they could even go so far as to use the old logo if they should so desire.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

i thought that the city of hartford owns all of the rights to the whalers logo and jerseys and ecact colors, someone said this somewhere, but this would be unique to franchises that have moved i believe

The only city I know of that held onto a moving franchise's identity is Cleveland.  I wasn't aware of any similar deal the city of Hartford may have with the Whalers identity.  Even still, I seriously doubt the city owns the rights...even just for hockey...to a green and navy color scheme.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Personally I don't think this looks good, but I'm not big on what they have either. I do believe Hartford owns the rights to the logos and name. I don't know if they have anything on the jersey design or the colors. Either way, it would be very harsh of the ownership to rub this into the Hartford fans.

Archived