A few questions from the rookie

KCScout76

Good Day/Evening to our fellow creators,

This is KCScout76-new this week and I have a few questions for you old pros of the CC MessageBoard.

First, thanks for the "Welcome Wagon" from those of you who dropped me a line, see my profile for futher info.

After awhile I'll get the routine down, but answering a few questions will help me?  Here goes . . .

1) Was does TACT stand for? I see it on the webpages-what does this mean?

2) I know 'vectorized' logos are the best!!! Why? What is the process that makes them so crisp and clear?

3) How do I open up your "highlighted" addresses from the message board, displaying your "WORK" - the following sites will not allow me to view your logos; Geocities, Angelfire, dpmonline and Tripod. Do I need to be registered on these sites? All I get is a "Browser Page" stating an ERROR or "can not find the page."

Help - KCScout76 ???

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I'll handle this.

If I haven't already mentioned it, welcome aboard!

#1. I believe you mean TATC, which stands for Turn Ahead the Clock. Basically, it's a look at what the uniform might look like years from now. Usually these concepts are pretty "out there" and non-traditional.

#2. Vector logos are the best because they describe regions of colour as areas defined by mathematical lines. It's complicated, but results in the image being infinitely resizable, crisp and clear no matter what size you view it at.

#3. If it's a link to a tripod or geocities image file (ex. http://www.geocities.com/...../image.gif), you must either copy the URL and paste it into your address bar, or else click&drag the hyperlink into your address bar. However, in some cases where it says "cannot find the page", a page is actually missing, you might want to contact that page's webmaster.

Hopefully that covers it.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I can answer the question about vector images.

There are two types of digital images. The first is called "rasterized," which utilizes colored pixels to display the whole image (this includes .gifs and .jpgs). If you open up a rasterized image file, when you zoom in, you can see it becomes "pixellated." Those pixels only contain a certain amount of data and can't re-insert new data when you increase its size. Rasterized graphics can only be scaled down, not up, without much distortion.

The second is vector images. These are graphic files based upon what is called a Bezier curve. It's a little difficult to describe the Bezier system without a visual aid, but basically speaking, it creates curves and lines based on a series of continuous points. These vector files are fully scalable, which is why 95% of all logos you will see are made in vector format. This allows companies to print them as large as a house or as small as a dime without distortion or pixellation. Vector images aren't dependent upon pixels for data, but points, which can be recreated and formed at any size.

I hope that made sense. :)

To SyPhi & Nitro,

Thanks!!!  

I could always see and knew what would happen when I tried to enlarge the pictures and they became distorted.  Then I discovered Chris' site & Ryan's SLE and I was in heaven.

Actually, I understand what you both meant when describing what happens when pix are vectorized.  I guess my plane geometry and advance math paid off in college.

As far as dragging ULR addresses and cut and pasting them into the address box; I have done that, sometimes it works and sometime not.  But sometime just a word like, "home" is highlighted (in referring to a jersey to look at) and I can't get it to come up.  My loss!  But I read further and see everyone's comments and I have no observation basis from  which to base an opinion on.

I'll get the hang of things as I use the Message  Board more.

Again, Thank you- KCScout76  :D

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

When you have renamed hyperlinks like the ones you mentioned that say "Home" or whatever. What I do is  just drag the link into the address bar, but its not the same with all browsers. So if it doesnt work like that try right-clicking on the link and choose "Properties", that will give you the URL of what the obect is linking to, from there copy and paste the URL into the address bar. That's how i would expect you can do it, there may be an easier way that i am unaware of. I hope this makes sense to you, but if not just say something, i or someone else might be able to clarify. :D Welcome to the board, enjoy yourself.

1) Was does TACT stand for? I see it on the webpages-what does this mean?

it's been covered but i'll go into a little detail. i sort of consider myself the king of TATC, cus a TATC from someone else only seems to come once every two months. as you can see with these, mostly non-traditional stuff. the gamut has gone from a big american flag (2002 white sox), to a weird checker/pinstripe mix (twins), soccer style advertisements(2002 brewers) to a barrel (2003 brewers), an oriole's chest (orioles) and some pretty ugly crap (braves, padres, giants). basically, like nas sez in 'i can', your options are limitless with the TATC label, but you run the risk of a concept looking like complete horsefeathers :D

i know i can

be what i wanna be

if i work hard at it

i'll be where i wanna be

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Thank you Graphic Warriors,

I feel soooo loved - but seriously I am just getting started and it helps to have someone show you the ropes and give you advice.

I have another question but I'll start it in a "String" with that question.

*-"and Alexander the Great wept as there were no more worlds to conquer."

Archived