adobe illustrator

scottysprings

I'm a PhotoShop guy. I've been thinking of getting AI. Thanks for the tips.

Oh, btw.

PhotoShop vs. Jasc Paint Pro?

I just downloaded the free trial version of Jasc out of curiosity. They are both pretty much the same. I haven't found anything I don't like about Jasc. I'm still playing with it.

Photoshop and Illustrator are two dinstinct separate programs. It's not that Photoshop is a superior product to Illustrator, it depends on what you need the programs for. If you spend more time playing with photos or other pixel-based graphics, the Photoshop is the better product. If you are working with vectors and text a lot more then Illustrator is the better product.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

PhotoShop vs. Jasc Paint Pro?

I'm a Paint Shop Pro guy, I haven't yet "graduated" to Illustrator yet. PSP (since version 5 or 6, I think) does do vector work; unfortunately, you can't save into a true .ai or .eps vector file. I certainly think PSP gives you more bang for your buck when compared to its expensive cousin, Photoshop, but whether it's "better" is still up for debate.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Photoshop and Illustrator are two dinstinct separate programs. It's not that Photoshop is a superior product to Illustrator, it depends on what you need the programs for. If you spend more time playing with photos or other pixel-based graphics, the Photoshop is the better product. If you are working with vectors and text a lot more then Illustrator is the better product.

I meant it is superior to Jasc Paint Pro. I am pretty familiar with Illustrator and it's capabilities.

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

I was thinking about this earlier...and really it comes down to what you are using it for.

If you plan on making money with graphic design (ie doing it as a living be it in your own business or working for someone), you really do NEED photoshop and illustrator at least. InDesign, Dreamweaver?, are the next needs. And finally specialty stuff like Flash, 3D programs, etc.

If you are just messing around and having fun, or just doing the occational paying job, there really is no Need for either one of those programs. Honestly, its probably a waste of money. Like has been mentioned, there are plenty of other programs that are much cheaper and work just as well. The problem with them isn't in usablity (most of the time they don't have the bells and whistles) but that they aren't industry standard. And if you try to send a printer a printshoppro file, its just not gonna work and you probably won't get the same high quality.

Oh, and an example of CS in action...here's something I just did in 5 mins like I was explaining earlier:

csexample.jpg

As you can see, it makes certain jobs easier. I just happen to directly benifit from the new features. Obviously everyone won't.

?Or similar like Quark and Go Live respectivly.

I was thinking about this earlier...and really it comes down to what you are using it for.

If you plan on making money with graphic design (ie doing it as a living be it in your own business or working for someone), you really do NEED photoshop and illustrator at least. InDesign, Dreamweaver?, are the next needs. And finally specialty stuff like Flash, 3D programs, etc.

If you are just messing around and having fun, or just doing the occational paying job, there really is no Need for either one of those programs. Honestly, its probably a waste of money. Like has been mentioned, there are plenty of other programs that are much cheaper and work just as well. The problem with them isn't in usablity (most of the time they don't have the bells and whistles) but that they aren't industry standard. And if you try to send a printer a printshoppro file, its just not gonna work and you probably won't get the same high quality.

Oh, and an example of CS in action...here's something I just did in 5 mins like I was explaining earlier:

csexample.jpg

As you can see, it makes certain jobs easier. I just happen to directly benifit from the new features. Obviously everyone won't.

?Or similar like Quark and Go Live respectivly.

Hey thanks for all your advice and the comparisons between 10 and CS. You've been a big help!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived