Best Sports Day of my Life...

pcgd

So yesterday, i went into St. Louis to watch the Final Four. Unfortunatly, I don't have money so I didn't get to go to the game itself, instead I went to Al Hrboski's Ballpark saloon which was the Illini headquarters. First, there were about 3500 illinois fans there...at about noon. So I partied there pretty much until 1 or 2. From there, I met my friends fraternity brother who bought tickets through Ticketreserve.com. So he told us to try to get into this little private party they were having for ticket buyers. It was the most unsecure private party ever. We just walked right in, drank free at the open bar, ate for free for the next couple hours. Needless to say, now I'm quite buzzed.

Waited in line with my friends when for the game, then I walked back to Al's. Drank more there, watched the game with 10,000 of my new best friends, got soaked with beer when Illinois won and then passed out at the bar until halftime of the State/UNC game. Watched Al Hrboski picking up garbage. Then, walked back to the Landing where I drank on my friend's frat brothers until around 2 am. 7 jagar bombs later, I'm now fully intoxicated and ready to go.

We now go to the Millinium Hotel which is where all the NCAA coaches are staying. Saw Lute Olsen and John Thompson, met some Kansas fans and then I saw him...Bill Self. Needless to say, even though we love Bruce Weber, we still have a sore spot for Bill Self. So he's wasted, I'm wasted, and I yell at him..."Bet you pretty much feel like **** now huh?!" He gives me a drunken thumbs up and gets on the elevator. Pure class from myself there.

We then take a taxi to my friends house, in which we must have gotten into the only cab in St. Louis where the guy had no clue where he was going. We had to call my friend and give the cab driver directions cause he didn't know where Washington University was.

All in all, best day of my life...until (hopefully) monday.:D

You have a spot for Bill Self?

My gosh, he wasn't even there long enough to establish residency was he?

How soon we forget the only TRUE Illini coach.......

LEW DEW!

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Sober up for Monday.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

You have a spot for Bill Self?

My gosh, he wasn't even there long enough to establish residency was he?

How soon we forget the only TRUE Illini coach.......

LEW DEW!

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Sober up for Monday.

I have a bad spot for Bill Self...I don't like him. My yelling was me talking trash. He used Illinois as a spring board to an "elite" program. We don't fault Lon Krueger for some reason, mainly I think because he brought Illinois basketball back to glory. But Bill Self really let us down. Its worked out really well now cause now we have Bruce. Bruce Weber probably could be coaching at Purdue next year, but as much as he loves Gene Keady, he is loyal to Illinois. He will not leave Illinois, and you have to have respect for that.

I love the Lou-Do! I think before all is said and done, you'll see Bruce Weber thought of in at least the same light as Lou Henson in Illinois Basketball history. He isn't there yet, and he probably won't be even if Illinois wins on monday. But when he retires from Illinois, he will be as loved as Lou Henson ever was.

Good to see you had a good day.

In terms of my sports teams, I had a bad weekend. The Essendon Bombers lost after a comeback by Carlton and the Mississauga IceDogs were eliminated in the first round of the OHL playoffs by St. Mike's :cursing:

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived