Women's football

-kj

TeamLogo.gif

I kinda dig this logo for the Rochester Raptors. But doesn't it look more like a pterodactyl? (sp?)

Does no-one read the whole thread anymore!!

And anyway isn't a Pterodactyl a type of dinosaur? I didnt think that dinosaurs were only the land dwelling ones!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Not that any of this really has anything to do with women's football but ....

Actually, most palentologists consider Pterodactyls to be related to dinosaurs, but really more there own order of animals. It had to do with environment and locomotion.

If it flew, it was a Pterosaur.

If it swam, it was a icthyosaur or plesiosaur.

If it ran around on land, it was a dinosaur.

It gets more complicated as most experts tend to agree that birds evolved from smaller predatory dinosaurs, not Pterodactyls. Some artists and museum exhibitors are starting to show some dinos with feathers and bright colors like birds, although there's only evidence that a few species had them. Pterodactyls, on the other hand, had no feathers and flew on wings resembling a bat's, not a bird's.

Thus, a raptor could be a bird of prey or a predatory dinosaur, not a Pterodactyl. Unfortunately, as cool a logo/mascot it may be, the Rochestor Raptors got it wrong.

Misterhabs

Thank you MRHabs.  You're right, and that makes me right.

I love you.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Hey, everybody! I play for the Vixen, whose logo was complimented quite nicely in this forum, and I just wanted to say thanks to the person who stopped by at Pride... and ask if we can put that pic up on our website?

Our logo and many of the other official logos were designed by the same guy, Francis Santaquilani of Santaquilani Designs. Great work for very reasonable prices.

Women's football is small but definitely growing... thanks for all your support.

Jodi "Moose" Benson

fullback, #48

Minnesota Vixen

yes i was going to say, those had to be done by the same guy, how else could they be paid for.  Ill give it up for ol franny, he did a great job.  

Did anyone look at the oklahoma city teams field? it looks like its in sarajevo

Hey, everybody! I play for the Vixen.....

Moose!  Rock on, how'd you find our little corner of the world?  I'm the big tall guy from TCGHA with the long goatee, you gave me your card on Sunday.

Feel free to use it--I had one of our guys snap that picture specifically to post up on this board, 'cause we're uniform/logo freaks 'round here.  :)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hey, everybody! I play for the Vixen.....

Moose! Rock on, how'd you find our little corner of the world? I'm the big tall guy from TCGHA with the long goatee, you gave me your card on Sunday.

Hey, most excellent!! We have to set up that football/hockey thing with you guys soon... hope you can all make it to a game. Sorry for posting kinda off-topic, but who do I credit for the photo?

Moose

Sorry for posting kinda off-topic, but who do I credit for the photo?

I'll e-mail you with the info, to the address on your card.

Go Vixen!  :)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived