Sprewell and Cassell failures

NJTank

This team needs to start over. I wish Garnett made less money so they could trade him for youth and picks. I love the guy, but they are so far from being a contender right now that I'd almost just rather start over as essentially an expansion team.

I think this next draft is their last one of the Joe Smith punishment--it would have been nice to have a late lottery pick, but the worst-run NBA team (aside from the Clips, I guess) can't help shooting itself in the foot.

Good luck getting that $14 million next year, Spree.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Trading Garnett would be a massive mistake. The guy is a fan favourite, huge attendance draw, a statistical monster, and by all accounts a terrific team leader. The T-Wolves built a team around Garnett last year, and it worked well. This year, for some reason, that same team seems to have fallen apart.

Cassell and Sprewell weren't bad pickups; in fact, the only move of the last couple of years I would question was signing Olawakandi; the guy's a relative bust, considering the hype for him coming into the league with the Clips.

Now, as to whether they should re-sign Cassell or Sprewell? At the present time, I'd say no for certain to Sprewell, and lean towards no for Cassell, mostly due to their attitudes. They're still good players, but that kind of stuff doesn't fly in Minnesota (see also: Randy Moss).

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Trading Garnett would be a massive mistake. The guy is a fan favourite, huge attendance draw, a statistical monster, and by all accounts a terrific team leader. The T-Wolves built a team around Garnett last year, and it worked well. This year, for some reason, that same team seems to have fallen apart.

Cassell and Sprewell weren't bad pickups; in fact, the only move of the last couple of years I would question was signing Olawakandi; the guy's a relative bust, considering the hype for him coming into the league with the Clips.

Now, as to whether they should re-sign Cassell or Sprewell? At the present time, I'd say no for certain to Sprewell, and lean towards no for Cassell, mostly due to their attitudes. They're still good players, but that kind of stuff doesn't fly in Minnesota (see also: Randy Moss).

I hope they don't sign Sprewell. I think he and his whining about money are the biggest problem. Cassell, well I question his health and I think the wolves have the best backup PG in the league anyway.

I hope they can pull some sort of a sign-and-trade for them and at least get something.

Believe me, I know everything you say about KG, but he is not Jordan or Tim Duncan. He needs another superstar and the T-Wolves have to rebuild. KG's prime is going to be passed by the time they do it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived