Miami heat 15th year logo

Joshawaggie

Notts County are the oldest league soccer club still around. They were founded in 1862. Most existing clubs were founded after 1880 or so, with the ghrowth of leisure time caused by the reguilating of mill working hours in the north, and in general the acceptance of professional sport. (If you look at the winners of the FA Cup since 1872, you can quite clearly see the change one year (I forget which one) a team called Blackburn Olympic win the cup, as a largely amateur team, the next Blackburn ROVERS win as a professional team. (Damm I am sounding like a geek again!!)

Are the Reds actually the same club as the Red Stockings? I always thought the Reds came after the Red Stockings were disbanded but I could be oh so wrong!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Wow how off topic is this getting!! Anyway the Great American Ballpark is a very cool name even if it is a sponsorship thing! And I wasnt entirely convinced of the direct link between the Reds and the old Red stockings, no date or reason for the change is given. And in the stats section it only goes back to 1882 but I will take your word for it!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived