Last Names on Jerseys

VitaminD

During the Bulls/Wizards series, they showed some old Bullets highlights of the late '80s/early '90s teams (the Jeff & Moses Malone/Bernard King teams), which was the last Washington team to win a playoff game before the present team.

I noticed that those Bullets teams used uppercase and lowercase letters for ther player names. It was the uniform set they went to after getting rid of the red/white horizontal striped jerseys, and before Chris Webber was on the team. They were the first set they had with this logo:

bullets.gif

Have any other teams gone with lowercase lettering for player names? I am not counting lowercase "e" or "i"s, like LeCLAIR or DiMAIO. I noticed they did it in the new Will Ferrell soccer movie (I saw the ads, haven't seen the film) and it made me wonder.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The first team I remember having uppercase and lowercase lettering for player names was the Memphis Sounds of the ABA. Not only was the first letter capitalized, but the names were done in the same script font that was used for the team name on the front.

I was watching soccer highlights the other day ? I think it was the Bundesliga ? and I noticed there was a team that did that. It struck me as odd. Damned if I can remember what team it was now though. I do remember they wearing wearing blue ... like that will narrow it down. :wacko:

Northeastern University used upper and lower case for the names a few years ago, they used Colossalis, the same font and technique used for the previously mentioned Solar Bears jersey.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived