Washington Wizards Logo

ltravisjr

Washington would never switch back to the Bullets. Not after the D.C. Sniper came to town.

But they'll wear those garish orange Bullets throwbacks 20 times a year!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Washington would never switch back to the Bullets. Not after the D.C. Sniper came to town.

But they'll wear those garish orange Bullets throwbacks 20 times a year!

now if they just made them permenent and changed the name back...

I don't mind the name, but that logo is a piece of crap. Has nothing to do with anything in their name. The only thing that the logo tells you is "well, we try to get rebounds while playing basketball." How it ties in with bullets (or even the concept of speed, if you want to go that route) is beyond me.

Between the old Caps and the old Bullets logos, DC had some stupid sports ID for a while. "Look! It's a stick- AND a puck! Those guys down there skating around must play hockey. Go figure!"

That's not a rebound, that's a jump shot.

And maybe simplicity is better? The old Detroit Pistons logo that was just a blue and red basketball was better than the teal horse.

Call me crazy, but I think that a logo should reflect something more than, "Hey! We play a sport! Can you guess what one?"

Not saying that the teal horse was a great logo, but it had a lot more to do with pistons that the old basketball.

I always thought the Pisons would look better now if they took the arched "pistons" from their primary? logo and placed it over the flaming horse, which is a cool logo and put that at center court.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

Archived