New Reds Concept and Color Change

buckeyes1

I thought it would be cool to darken up the red color in the Cincinnatti Red's uniforms so I did. Also, I added a new home script that says "Reds" in their new color.

Tell me what you guys think of the new jerseys/color.

colorchange9nn.gif

redsconcepts9hu.gif

cmpunksigcopy.gif

All in all, not too bad. I could live with it.

A couple of things:

1. On the road pants, the whole area by the belt loops is white. I hope that's an oversight.

2. On the alternate, make the logo bigger - there's a large vertical gap between the bottom of the logo and the top of the numerals.

3. Ditch the red buttons and red button area. No good, doesn't look like something an MLB team would wear.

4. The alt and the BP have "very close but still different" logos on them. Now that your home unis don't have the "wishbone C/REDS" logo on them, you should probably choose one version or the other and use it on both the alt and the BP jersey.

5. Also, for consistency's sake, how about double-outlining the road numbers? You did a nice job with the outline on the home and alt numbers (but how about black, rather than introducing a 4th color to a team named for a color in the first place?), but the road numbers have a single black outline.

Just my 2 cents. I like the overall look, I am just a stickler for consistency, especially for a team that's been around since 1869.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i like it, but as someone who grew up in Cincinnati and has seen more Reds games than many other folks..I am sooo sick of that block CINCINNATI that is arched like that. It's been that way since....well, a long time.

How bout a script CINCINNATI like, say, ATLANTA on the Braves unis?

Hmmm...first of all that first graphic is WAY lighter than what the Reds actually wear...here's what it really looks like:

CincinnatiReds_HCL_1999-9999.gif

...it used to be lighter and brighter prior to the 1999 season, and then they modified it slightly.

A darker Red isn't necessarily a BAD thing, but the shade the Reds currently wear is a little bit unique (although the Indians use it too).

Pantone Textile-wise, the Reds' colors come out as "Lollipop and Licorice", so maybe changing them isn't such a bad idea...

Archived