Defunct nhl project

jkrdevil

I sorta started this a a while ago with my North Stars in the Wild style concept, and then I did a couple of concepts of other defunct teams. So I decided to do one for every defunct team in NHL history. I will put all concepts in the first post and add a post in the thread telling about updates (just like everyone else does). Copy/paste all links.

I have already posted North Stars, Barons, Jets, and Oakland Seals concepts. I will put the here again for those who haven't seen them before. The new ones are the Rockies and Pirates.

Cleveland-white Cleveland-Dark

Winnipeg- dark Winnipeg- white

North Stars- white North Stars- dark

Pirates- dark Pirates- white

Rockies- dark Rockies- white

Seals- white Seals- dark

Whalers- white Whalers- dark

Quakers- dark Quakers- white

Senators- dark Senators- white

Nordiques -dark Nordiques- white

Americans- Dark Americans- white

Bulldogs- Dark Bulldogs- white

Eagles- dark Eagles- white

Tiger- Dark Tigers- white

Wanderers- Dark Wanderers- white

Scouts- Dark Scouts-white

----new----

Flames- Dark Flames- white

Maroons- Dark Maroons- white

jkrdevil,

I love the Rockies unis!  I also like the Minn North Stars very much.  All of them are good.  Keep pumpin' out! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

my fellow devils fan,

again, nice work -  :)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

*snif*

God, I miss seeing the Whale logo... :(

I could see the team wearing those hadn't they left...

[EDIT:] Minor nit: Koho handles the road jerseys for the NHL, CCM the homes (though they're really the same company). But nice work on all...I have a soft spot in my heart for the California Golden Seals logo!

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Minor nit: Koho handles the road jerseys for the NHL, CCM the homes (though they're really the same company).

I know, I just don't think it's big thing if I don't change it when changing the jersey's from white to dark.

Cool idea!!!!!!  I gotta say, the Minnesota North Stars one is the best in my opinoin.  VERY cool.  Maybe you could do a Shamrocks one, or a St. Pats.  Just an idea.  I think they all look great though.

-UJ

:)

I added the St. louis eagles. In this one, it bothered me to put blue in when there was no blue in the logo. I changed the stick color to blue for the home jersey.

Also, I am going by the list of defunct teams on tank's sports e-cyclopedia. I will be doing the Maroons and Wanderers. I will not be doing the Arenas, or St. Pats because they are the Maple Leafs, and they didn't move.

nothing against your work but I dont like that st louis logo. Its not an accurate depiction, its just a carricature. The real thing looks much better.

theres a lot of logos from the early era of hockey that are bastardised like that. Take the Hamilton tigers for example. In the 90's the NHL actually trademarked the tigers logo based on a bad artists rendition in the "Trail of the Stanley Cup" book.

I added the Hamilton Tigers

The Tigers' jersey has definite potential but I would work towards some consistency through the sleeve striping and the body striping.  Having the same style striping would make for a more finished look, IMHO.

Archived