Browns...?

brennus

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you are kidding about the concept right..................no!... :therock: .... :shocked: .... :lol:

Uh, you DO realize that back when the Browns were winning NFL titles, they had white helmets with numbers on the side, don't you? This uniform design harkens back to those old unis.

sorry but....no!

how are you going to say this concept reflects when they had white helmets and numbers on them, what i'm saying has nothing to do with that I don't like Black in place of Brown with a team called the BROWNS and I don't like the idea of a logo on the helmet, I like what they have now and I wouldn't mind if they kept what they had now for another decade.

Sorry Brennus nice try though.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

As a Browns fan, and don't take this personally, but I absolutely hate them.  Tradition needs to stay tradition.

Six years is a hell of a tradition :P

Six years? Come on...I didn't know Jim Brown played six years ago...no logo, no black, orange and brown...keep it TRADITIONAL.

The lineage of the players on this browns team can only be traced back to 1999. Jim brown played for the Ravens franchise. Houston didn't get the Oilers back, Baltimore didn't get the Colts back, if the Eagles had moved to Phoenix like they were going to in the 80s, we'd be cheering for the Philadelphia Phootball Phillies or something right now. It's a different team and they should be allowed to be a little creative. You can be evolutionary without being revolutionary.

What you seem to forget is that the history of the Browns franchise was allowed to stay in Cleveland...therefore the Baltimore team has a brand new history, even though it was the old Browns ownership and the old Browns players. The history of the Browns is still with the Browns...the reason Houston didn't get the Oilers back is because they didn't get to keep the history along with the name in Houston. The same with the Colts. As for Philadelphia, we do not know what we would be calling them...who knows, the same thing that happened with the Browns could have happened with them. Just because there was a few year absence of the Browns doesn't mean they should just make a new team, change the logo, jerseys and everything. Think about it...they were given the history of the Browns when the Browns left...Modell had to sacrafice that. Therefore, if they have the name, and they have the history...why the hell would anyone change that??? plop, lets change the Yankees colors from Navy and White to Red, Purple and Pink? Lets change the Celtics from Green and White to Blue and Gold? Lets change the Lakers from Yellow and Purple to Orange and Cream? plop, change the Red Sox from Red to Lavender...along with the Raiders, change them from Black and Silver to Yellow and Orange. If you knew anything about the history of the Browns, you would understand that even though they did technically move the team, they still own the history. Thank you...good night.

the only reason the browns history stayed with the '99 EXPANSION team was because the browns fans cried about it. sure they were allowed to be upset, but they actually threatened to take the nfl to court. come on. that's just childish. the baltimore fans of the colts were upset, but they acted like adults and eventually got a new team. same goes with the houston fans of the oilers and the st. louis fans of the cards. they were upset, but they acted like adults and eventually got a new team. tradition is great and all, but are u really going to stop cheering for a team just because they dont have the lineage of the city's past teams? what if the ravens got to keep the browns history? would u still root for the cleavland team if they were called, say the gladiators, blitz, or anything else for that matter? i think you would, and you, like teh city of cleavland would get over it.

you are kidding about the concept right..................no!... :therock: .... :shocked: .... :lol:

Uh, you DO realize that back when the Browns were winning NFL titles, they had white helmets with numbers on the side, don't you? This uniform design harkens back to those old unis.

sorry but....no!

how are you going to say this concept reflects when they had white helmets and numbers on them, what i'm saying has nothing to do with that I don't like Black in place of Brown with a team called the BROWNS and I don't like the idea of a logo on the helmet, I like what they have now and I wouldn't mind if they kept what they had now for another decade.

Sorry Brennus nice try though.

Uh, my concept was NOT to change brown to black and add a logo. That was someone else. Nevermind, I'll make my own thread....

Icecap79, I couldn't disagree with you more. Cleveland was right to do what they did. They gave more to the Browns than the Browns did to Cleveland, and the NFL had to admit that they should never have been allowed to leave.

Baltimore only wishes it thought of it.

Bully for Cleveland. Sometimes the good guys win.

Archived