The NHL's Sinden System...

GMac

What the hell... So the NHL is doing their research and development camp... dont get me wrong I think its a smart idea putting the ideas into action to see if they make sence... like smaller goalie equipment, bigger nets, no red line... but the most talk was the Sinden system where he wants to get rid of the bluelines and have a narrow blueline at the top of the face off circles which you must pass into... believe me I have seen enough ringette games this past year to know where this brilliant idea came from... bah... if they do something that drastic hockey may never recover... hockey aint ringette... seems obvious to me, but not to Sinden... lol... the article is below and watching the clips last night, it does look like the ringette surface

TSN's article on the R & D Camp

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I want to know why they're trying to think up more rules when they haven't publicly evaluated the current changes put in the AHL this past season.

I think there was definitely more offense, the thicker blue lines increases the offensive zone, the tag-up offsides and no-touch icing sped up play, and the goalie restrictions for playing the puck behind the net seemed to work as well.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I want to know why they're trying to think up more rules when they haven't publicly evaluated the current changes put in the AHL this past season.

I think there was definitely more offense, the thicker blue lines increases the offensive zone, the tag-up offsides and no-touch icing sped up play, and the goalie restrictions for playing the puck behind the net seemed to work as well.

Judging by one raw stat, I guess you could consider it a success. The leading scorer of the league scored 29 more points this year than last year's leader.

You could use that as an indicator, but it's possible that the top scorer should have been in the NHL this season.

Lowell's top scoring line had at least 2 of its 3 players that should have been in the NHL: Eric Staal and Chuck Kobasew. Kobasew had almost 40 goals this season.

A better indicator would be the teams' overall scoring, and not the individuals. I doubt a whole team would have NHL-caliber players this season, maybe 5 or 6 at any given time.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You could use that as an indicator, but it's possible that the top scorer should have been in the NHL this season.

Who, Jason Spezza? Never heard of him. ^_^

Anyone ever hear of Bobby Clarke's proposal to have only one offensive zone face-off circle that would be ceneted in front of each net? The theory being that every faceoff would be a potential scoring opportunity and you wouldn't have ones that just result with the puck going into the boards, and it would be tougher for the goalies to get good positioning.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived