What NFL teams should wear

DrBear

OK, if we take winghaz's theory (teams should wear uniforms identical or close to what they wore at their height of greatness) what do we get for the NFL:

AFC East

Buffalo - was it greater for the Bills in 1964-65 (AFL champs) or as four-time AFC champs? I'd say the latter. Either one, of course, is better than their current gear.

Miami - What can you say to 17-0 perfection?

New England - Well, of COURSE it's what they're wearing now, although personally I miss Pat Patriot.

NY Jets - The proof that going back to what brought you success hasn't helped.

AFC North

Baltimore - Well, they've got 90 percent of it now.

Cincinnati - Go back just a few years to the 1982 look.

Cleveland - Ditto - whites whenever possible.

Pittsburgh - Back to the old numbers and no front patch.

AFC South

Houston - Easily the best of the new.

Indianapolis - They're starting to tweak it back. Now, just let Peyton play in black hi-tops.

Jacksonville - OK, so it's teal. Teal with it.

Tennessee - Not so long ago.

AFC West

Denver - Like it or not, these are the Super winners' uniforms.

Kansas City - Surprisingly little changes from 1969. Now if they could only wear the AFL-10 patch.

Oakland - Basically unchanged.

San Diego - Powder blues, baby! With a nice yellow All-American City sticker.

NFC East

Dallas - Basically unchanged (although the 60s blues were dull)

NY Giants - Another new throwback.

Philadelphia - Classic wings and Kelly Green from 1960, with the double stripes on the shoulder and sleeve...well, we can dream about the latter.

Washington - Wide 80s stripes (they've already got the throwback coach)

NFC North

Chicago - Since the 1940 look may not work, 1963 and white C will do.

Detroit - The 1957 look with lion rampant.

Green Bay - They've kept the basic 60s look. Still nifty.

Minnesota - At least the helmet hasn't changed. Go back to the classic striping.

NFC South

Atlanta - What they've got now will do; this team has never been good enough to lock in a look.

Carolina - Just erase the recent changes.

New Orleans - Ditto Atlanta's comment.

Tampa Bay - Pewter and a Lombardi trophy go together.

NFC West

Arizona - just what DID the cards wear in 1947? Maybe instead of new unis, they need a complete makeover.

St. Louis - Go back to yellow instead of old-gold; they haven't been to the big game since.

San Francisco - Less is more. Take all the recent gingerbread off and go back to the 80s look.

Seattle - Return to the light blue and silver, although the current logo is a bit better.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

San Diego - Powder blues, baby! With a nice yellow All-American City sticker.

yeah, but the Chargers made the Super Bowl wearing what they wear now and they had tremendous success in the Dan Fouts era dark blue/ yellow era, so based on success, wouldn't power blue be a no go? Unless I am missing an AFL championship in there somewhere.

Seattle - Return to the light blue and silver, although the current logo is a bit better.

I like the old colors better too, but the Seahawks have made the playoffs over the last few years in the new duds, where the old duds signified alot of 7-9 and 6-10 yrs, at least to me.

Atlanta - What they've got now will do; this team has never been good enough to lock in a look.

They reached the super bowl in '98-'99 as well as the playoffs in 2002 in the old silver and blacks from the '90s

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Carolina - Just erase the recent changes.

St. Louis - Go back to yellow instead of old-gold; they haven't been to the big game since.

First, Carolina is virtually unchanged since their inception. I really don't know what "recent" changes you're talking about.

Second, that comment about the Rams is untrue. Rams went to Super Bowl XXXVI with the navy and old gold, and that was their second year with the old gold.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I would go with some green on the Seahawks set... you're makin' me want to do a football concept, although it'd mostly just be a recolorization.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Archived