An Astros concept

The_Admiral

So what I tried to do here was integrate some sort of futuristic-ness with the existing color scheme, which I am fond of, plus a hint of the rainbows.

The team/city marks sort of look futuristic and cutting-edge, coming at you like that...I guess. Let's go with that. Also, they're shaped like pennants, and have rainbows inside them, at least on white and grey. It's too busy on red, so I just made them all sand on red. There's an H on the star now for the hats, another tribute to the old identity. There might be some hint of the 90s uniforms in here, but I didn't intend for any, so if there is, you tell me.

Astroshome1.JPG

Astrosroad1.JPG

Astroshome2.JPG

Astrosroad2.JPG

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I really like the way you did the wordmark, and I like how you incorporated the old H with the star on it. I'm just not feeling red as a color that goes with their identity. Good work though

AM.gif

Hmm.

The wordmark ought to be much smaller - the "A" is swallowed up in the armpits.

Color gradient embroidery... :puke:

The placement of the numerals on the front makes the whole front look pinched.

I actually like the pennant allusion in the wordmark; maybe tip it up toward the right a little, and give yourself more room for the front numerals (which could then be a little bit bigger)?

The pants stripes look great - maybe add something along those lines to the sleeve ends?

For me, I always associated the Astros with orange more than red. Red makes me think of the Reds, Cardinals, Red Sox, Phillies... I'll stop, but you get the idea. Much fewer teams come to mind with orange, which was really their color when they first became a upper-echelon team in the '80s. I'd rather see the Astros' identify more with orange than red, although this would make a wretched-looking alternate.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

You can't see it since I shrunk these down 50%, but that's not a gradient. It's just striped. BAAARF! The pants striping follows the same pattern: Astros brick red, burnt orange, tan, dark gold, Astros sand. Yeah I'd do those on the sleeves, and maybe have a nifty sleeve patch, but I never bother with those. Oh well.

Yeah I realize that they could be a little crammed, and also the name on the back is too big. I don't really have a point of reference for how these sorts of things should fit. Thanks for pointing that out, though.

And yeah, I think orange is probably as representative of a color as you're going to find for an identity-crisis club like the Astros, but since they picked that shade of red to match the stadium, I had a feeling that the color scheme was there for the long haul.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It'll wind up looking like gradient embroidery, although now I get your idea. Maybe try fewer stripes with clear boundaries - sorta like what the Pacers had on their uniforms before the "FloJo" set, or even the Astros' set before their present ones. You know it's a stripe running through the letters. Yours will be a tough concept to pull off without some borders on the stripes.

And the last names don't look any bigger than what the Tigers use at home...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Have we overkilled this team yet?

You want over kill? Arizona Cardinals concepts were to the point of being way past over kill.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived