Is this a RIP OFF of my logo

iDonovan

A friend was walking by a Sporting Goods Store and saw a softball with my logo on it. HE just bought it and brought it to me. I checked the internet and found the image. ..you be the judge? I have had my logo since 1999...they have had it for a year or two.

silver.jpg

I don't know. That would definitely be a tough one to prove. Not much to either logo. The font isn't really the same either. the A R and K are different. It is similar but I wouldn't go as far as saying they ripped you off.

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

Their logo looks like a straight recoloring of the Terminator font, whatever it's officially called. Your's looks like a intentional stylizing of a similar font. The R's are extremely different.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

iDonovan - If you have the resources, contact a lawyer who specializes in trademark law. Because the Rawlings logo look like terminator font, I don't think you really have grounds for legal action. Then again, I'm not a lawyer.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The font they use is Chimes. At least on a Mac.

That font has been around a very long time. I think this is simply a coincidence.

Did you alter the chimes font or did you use a variant of chimes?

I think a company their size would spend a little extra time making sure they didn't rip off an existing design if they were in fact using yours as a starting point. They didn't treat their type with anything unique other than the outlines....no modifications to chimes that I can see.

I am really not looking for legal action..I found it a little odd. I am an artist, I just don't want people to think I got the idea from that logo. I picked the font and changed it to have a flow to it.

Trying to take legal action on this is probably a waste of time. There is nothing unique about either logo that makes them grounds for legal action (no alterations, specific colors or artwork) They are simply the same word typed in two similar fonts. That's it.

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

Archived