Cubs BP Change?

no97

I'm watching the WGN "Back in the Bronx" pre-game special, and I wonder, did the Cubs change to the normal third/alt. patch on the BP jersey? The first pic is the normal BP jersey:

p935865dt.jpg

Now, here is the alt/third:

pMLB2-1826276dt.jpg

The jerseys I'm seeing, have the larger alt patch, with the cut-outs in the second photo, but are on the Navy jersey, with the BP style cut. Am I seeing things?

Moose

No. The "authentic" BP jersey sold in stores and the actual BP jerseys used on-field are slightly different, especially when it comes to the logos. You'll also notice that the player's BP jerseys have a sewn on Majestic logo identical to the game jerseys logo, while the BP sold to the public has the screened logo.

There are a couple of other differences, depending on the team. The Braves, for example, use a two-button pullover BP with a Braves logo the same size as on the gamers. The jerseys sold in stores are button-down with a much smaller crest (The team did use a button-down BP two years ago, but switched before last season).

The Cubs have used the larger crest on the BP as far back as I could find pics.

I own both a BP jersey and a BP hat, and the logos are different between the two:

uni:p935865dt.jpg

and hat:1_640.jpg

what i noticed is that on the jersey, the cub's rear leg is IN FRONT of the C (like every other use of the alt logo); where on the cap, it is BEHIND! I don't know what this is, maybe an original mistake New Era isn't gonna fix, or something....

A little off this topic a bit, but why does Chi use navy in the BP? I think it looks ugly especially when you'll see a player in the BP jersey with a normal hat or helmet on.

KISSwall09.jpg

what i noticed is that on the jersey, the cub's rear leg is IN FRONT of the C (like every other use of the alt logo); where on the cap, it is BEHIND! I don't know what this is, maybe an original mistake New Era isn't gonna fix, or something....

teh hat logo was that way on the previous BP hat, so I'm not counting on NE to fix it....anyway this gives me an excuse to roll out my updated Cubs BP history using RC's new temp, so here goes:

late 80s to 1993:

cubs89bp.gif

1994 to 1996:

cubs95bp.gif

1997 to 2002:

cubs98bp.gif

2003 to present:

cubs04bp.gif

I noted the logo inconsistency in the old images, but updated it recently using the correct shades as seen on pantone's color sheet. The only reason I can see for the BP being navy is to differentiate it from the alternates-basically the same reason the previous alt had different lettering and a white background on the C-bear.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Good work as usual, Discrim, but the numbers font looks more like the NFL Texans than the MLB Cubs. That font is distinctive and should be part of any representation of the Cubs' past. Even being a little bit off makes it look un-Cubs.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I know it's available through these boards. It's where I got mine. Unfortunately, I cannot remember who did it, so I am unable to give proper credit now. Someone will know where to find it here, along with all the other teams...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived