LA Kings concept (recolorization)

SteelCity77

http://photobucket.com/albums/y297/SteelCi...ngelesKings.bmp

Hello all,

Just wanted to say that this is my first post here! Here is a Kings recolorization I did to kinda take the gloom and darkness out of their jerseys. I also wanted to bring back the yellow also. Anyways, let me know what you think and if there is a way to make my images bigger in Photobucket, please tell me.

Don't save as .bmp and the file size won't be so big.

Right now they're a little too small to give a fair critique on.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

would jpg be any better???

JPG is alright, but you might wind up with some distortion due to the compression ... if you can save them as GIFs, TIFs or PNGs, those formats won't give you as much distortion.

Saving them as .gif files seems to work well on photobucket.

From the smallish pictures, they look pretty good. Is it the Kings' previous gold, or a new metallic gold?

Based on what I see, they're one change away from being sweet: getting rid of the "LOS ANGELES" around the fronts of the jersey at the waist.

For now, I will hold full critiques until I get a better look at what you've got.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The concept is well and truly solid.

As for your saving woes, you need to choose GIF (since you have flat colours, though if you find it messes with your colours too much, a PNG is always a safe bet) and you should also drag the bottom-right corner of the canvas in Paint as close to the picture as possible (currently, you're saving more empty white canvas than you are concept, and as a bitmap, it actually records every single pixel (so large areas of white are no more economical than a fancy gradient).

I'd advise against JPEG in Paint, since it gives no quality options, and the default quality is around 10 percent (at least it appears that way).

I'd also look at other free drawing programs. Paint has been around in some form or another for well over ten years and is showing its age quite considerably. There are better free solutions available.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Archived