Blues and Reds in Baseball

TwoRsAndTwoLs

I'm just curious as to why on this one.

The Angels, with their red and red look, don't look very nice... at least not compared to other Red and Red teams (i.e. St. Louis, the Phils or the old school Reds). This has gotta be because of the red logo, no? I mean, the other three teams named all used white cap logos....

Teams with a red and blue look generally look pretty good, like the Red Sox, Atlanta, and St. Louis on the road.

Blue and blue works, too (Dodgers and non-black Royals)

But I don't think I've seen a team come out with a red cap and a predominantly blue jersey and look good. Any ideas why?

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I think that it's because red is a very dominating color. If a team wears a red cap with a blue jersey your eye is automatically drawn to the cap. Witness the Buffalo Bills in football. When they wore their all-royal jersies and red helmets the red helmet was always the first thing you looked at.

In reverse when the St. Louis baseball Cardinals wear the all-navy cap with their road greys, the dominance of the red on the shirt still stands out.

I believe it's all in your eye's perception of what you see and when you see it. :blink:

Archived