Fantasy Concepts

officeglenn

I put these fantasy concepts up in their respective league threads, but I wanted to throw them out here to see what everyone thinks of them.

First up, the Seattle Metropolitans of the XHL:

LOGOS

seattlemetropolitanslogo.gif

HOME

seattlemetroshome.gif

ROAD

seattlemetrosroad.gif

ALTERNATE

seattlemetros-alt.gif

The 'S' logo is based on the logo that the former incarnation of the Seattle Metropolitans wore when they played in the Pacific Coast Hockey Association and won the Stanley Cup in 1917.

And next, Centennial FC of the IFA, playing out of Edmonton:

LOGO

centennialfclogo.gif

UNIFORMS

centennialfcunis.gif

The bulding is the Alberta Legislature, and the name alludes to the fact that 2005 is Alberta's centennial year.

Please be gentle. :D

Right off the bat, only because its my thing, with respect to the soccer socks....everyone who plays soccer wears their socks differently, ie some fold the tops over, some tuck, some do wacky things at the heels, i dont know. maybe less design on the sock to allow for these little things different players do, thats all, I only notice something like that becasue I play. :P

:shocked:

Both of these are just jaw-droppingly (if that's a word) good....LOVE the Metros set (nice touch with the throwback "SEATTLE-in-the-S" logo and the barber-pole alts...always a nice touch to honor the past)...the Centennial FC set is pretty darn nice too....I can picture the NE Revolution using something like that (it might be a tad better than the current kits they have and it'd be a nice link-up to those guys they share Gillette with :lol: )...

Great job as always, Glenn!

:notworthy:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Wow, these are both great. I really love the Seattle set. Great job going all the way back and pulling parts from the old history. The two primary sweaters are simply amazing.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Be gentle? BE GENTLE?! What are you afraid of? These are phenomenal!

My only comment is actually a question: on the Metros' (Metrosexual Metropolitans? Metro is in, for now... :P ) home and road jerseys, can the striping be extended through the mesh panels on the side? I'd like to see the stripes wrap all the way around the waist, like the Canadiens' stripes do. But if not, so be it... these are outstanding!

:notworthy:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Oh stop it, you guys ... you're embarrassing me! :blush::D

VitaminD, I did try wrapping the stripe under the mesh, but it didn't look very good to me. But that's just me.

Archived