Chicago Bandits softball

ltravisjr

Well, I stumbled on a Chicago Bandits Pro Softball game this afternoon as Jennie Finch(!) threw the teams second straight no-hitter. Anyway, I thought their logo looked pretty good. I wonder who the artist is? It isn't on logoserver so I figured I would show you all here for your interest. Forgive the quality, the only image I could find is from their souvenier shop.

LT

633.jpeg.300.jpeg

This is interesting. Whoever the designer is should have his/her butt kicked for stealing other designs and merging them into a "new" one.

The masked girl is from a NWFL team (cannot remember which one). The Chicago skyline is from the 2002 All-Star Game at Comiskey (it's part of the media kit).

Seriously, what a crock of crap.

Cards.png

The masked girl is from a NWFL team (cannot remember which one).  The Chicago skyline is from the 2002 All-Star Game at Comiskey (it's part of the media kit).

Seriously, what a crock of crap.

These are HARDLY the same:

logo_large.jpg

allstar013.jpg

Saying that the Mutiny logo is the Bandits logo is like saying the Jaguars logo is the Bengals logo. As for the cityscape, yes, they do depict the same buildings, since they are BOTH CHICAGO.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

These are HARDLY the same

Oh, really? It's the same image with little tweaking and some new colors.

SweetwaterCountyOutlaws.gif

As for the skyline, if you had the actual media kit, and not just one rendition, you would see that it is EXACTLY the same. And of course it's the same city...you proved my point emphatically.

Cards.png

I guess I gotta go with Blackjack on this one: it looks like the logo was "borrowed" at best. I don't know about the cowgirl part but I am thinking there was some kind of partnership between the Bandits and White Sox. The Bandits site has a link the the Chisox site but not to any other Chicago teams. Also, Jennie Finch has been at US Cellular signing autographs multiple times. I wonder if White Sox marketing gave their artist permission to use the skyline graphic.

I must say though, permission or not, that such blatent borrowing of designs for a professional logo does indeed diminish it.

LT

There might some sort of cross-promoting between Major League Baseball and the PWFS. I know I've heard commercials for the New England Riptide (same league as the Bandits) during Red Sox games.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

These are HARDLY the same

Oh, really? It's the same image with little tweaking and some new colors.

SweetwaterCountyOutlaws.gif

OK, now these two are very similar... should've posted that image initially, though, I assumed you were talking about the Mutiny. That Outlaws team doesn't show up when you search for NWFL, in fact the league appears to have changed its name to NWFA. Even Googling that team, Sweetwater County, results in nothing close to an official site. As for the cityscape, post the version from the guide - everything I've seen has been from a straight-on angle, as opposed to the Bandits one which is looking up at the buildings.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Archived