This is Weird

rmackman

david-ortiz-ultra.jpg

David Ortiz did play with the Twins at one time...but why the hell does it say DAVID ARIAS?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

On a side note, his nickname used to be "Big Mami" before he decided it didn't sound masculine enough...

All that "Who's your Mami" chanting during last year's ALCS prolly would've confused him some. :wacko:

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Wow! His real name is David Americo Ortiz Arias. Apparently, this is what happened:

"The Twins were unsettled at first, and their DH, Paul Molitor, was over 40 and due to retire in a season or two. When the Twins contacted David, he expressed his desire to make it big in Minnesota, and let the team know that, from that point forwrad, he wished to be called Ortiz instead of Arias."

http://www.jockbio.com/Bios/Ortiz/Ortiz_bio.html

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived