Here's a Baseball Puzzle for yall

kingssss

This man was bragging to his grandson about when he was in the MLB. The kid asked who the best pitcher was that he ever faced. The man told him that he had faced Sandy Koufax. He said that Koufax threw a total of 11 pitches to him in his career. 6 were balls, 4 were strikes, and 1 was a groundout. The kid asked how many total at-bats he ever had against Koufax and the man said only 1. Explain. B)

teamsnew2.png

No. the groundout was the only thing that actually happened to him. he had one "real" AB, not 1 "official" AB. so a BB or HBP or SAC or whatever is not the answer. sry shouldve clarified that. i dont know if that makes sense but i hope it does.

teamsnew2.png

Koufax threw a total of 11 pitches to him in his career

maybe the guy was a catcher that caught koufax for one batter that walked on a 3-2 count - so thats 6 pitches (4 balls, 2 strikes)

then later in his career while playing for another team he faced koufax as a batter and grounded out on a 2-2 pitch (2 balls, 2 strikes, and the groudout)

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I think I got it, the count was 2-2 when the pitch was thrown that pitch was a ball then a guy who was on base got thrown out stealing. Giving him 5 pitches. The next inning he came up got a full count 3-2 then grounded out. Thus, giving him 11 pitches. 3 +2 = 5 3+3 = 6 5 + 6 = 11

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

I think I got it, the count was 2-2 when the pitch was thrown that pitch was a ball then a guy who was on base got thrown out stealing. Giving him 5 pitches. The next inning he came up got a full count 3-2 then grounded out. Thus, giving him 11 pitches. 3 +2 = 5 3+3 = 6 5 + 6 = 11

Correct.

teamsnew2.png

Archived