The Oakland Athletics

Big Africa

White shoes are awesome because they cath your eye. I think every team wearing a whit jersey should wear white cleats!!! B)

Umm... that would be all 30 teams, as they all wear white jerseys as part of their primary home uniform. Which would paradoxically destroy the unique thing the A's have going.

And it seems to work for the A's. Since they are also the only team not wearing white sanitaries (they still have gold sanis beneath the stirrups, which is also awesome) from the Charlie O. Era, they don't need color.

White belts would be fitting, since they should match the shoes. The logical question would thus extend: gray shoes on the road?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i recall tim mcCarver saying that jeter also wore white cleats the last couple of times he played in the all star game. Something about the Yanks doing it during the all star game because thats the only time it was allowed.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Actually, that tradition goes all the way back into the '80s. I recall Steve Garvey wearing white shoes to at least one early '80s All-Star Game.

The one exception to the white-shoed A's, by the way, was in 1982, the year Rickey Henderson set the single-season stolen-base record. While the A's did wear white shoes at home, they wore green shoes (with a completely-different-design gray uniform) on the road. And then Billy got fired and they dumped the gray unis. I'm not sure this is completely accurate, but go

HERE for an example.

Packers-2.png

If anyone was watching tonight's Twins-Yankees game on ESPN, Jeff Brantley was talking about why Chad Bradford was so "good" in Oakland before being traded to the Sox.

Apparently, it's a combination of not only Bradford's "funky"- for lack of a better term - delivery, but the A's, with their white cleats and all, make it hard for the opposing batter to pick up the ball as the pitch comes in and the pitcher's back foot is in the air. Not only him, but the whole A's staff has an advantage with their white cleats. :wacko:

Oakland A's = GENUISES!!!

:notworthy:

henderson.jpg

Classic

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived