Possible Stolen Logo

Frylock

I was just doing a search for Drake University athletics on Google Images, when I found a funky Bulldogs logo I hadn't seen before. Don't know the source of the logo, but it made me wonder if there were any other oddball logos on the site. Well, there are.

I don't recall who it was here (I would like to say SyPhi, or some other talented artist) who came up with a design for a Portland Pilots baseball team. The logo is this one:

ncaab_portlandpilots.jpg

The website using this logo is Coast to Coast Tickets.com. Do with the info what you will, and good luck to whoever it is having their logo used without permission.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I have a feeling their designer just went on google and did image searches for "(team name) logo" and picked the first one that appeared, without actually going to the team site, etc.

Does this Portland Pilots team actually use this as their primary logo? If so then we have a big problem.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

No, the Portland Pilots (University of Portland) uses a ship's steering wheel and an achor for their logo. The logo the website is using was from a designer on this board, way back when there was a "challenge" or contest of sorts to create a name and logo for a Portland MLB team.

I'm going to try to find that thread before I leave for work.

Anyhow, what I'm trying to say is that this other website -- the tickets website -- appears to be using a logo from one of our artists, without permission.

EDIT AT 9:09 AM PDT

It appears it was SyPhi's logo... Check out this thread: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...portland+pilots

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Yeah, pretty sure coasttocoasttickets is just google searching for team logos and throwing them straight onto their website regardless of whether their copyright protected or not. Case and point, they dont even appear to be consistent with the logos they are using. Some are official team logos, some are university seals (example BYU and UT Arlington), some belong to Zephyr's X-Line series (like the Drake logo you found as well as the for Stephen F Austin), as well as some being flat out stolen from artists such as SyPhi.

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

Archived