$40 Million dollar game

OB33

a Washington-Washington State game at Safeco Field

Neither side would agree to that nor would the Stadium District. They had a bowl game there and that was it. It's a baseball-only stadium.

I know Safeco Field is primarily used for baseball but I think a football field fits very well in that ballpark, a la Bank One Ballpark in Phoenix and SBC Park in San Francisco. I have visual proof:

011227_1.jpg

011227_2.jpg

011227_3.jpg

011227_4.jpg

YOZXkBG.png?1

I know Safeco Field is primarily used for baseball but I think a football field fits very well in that ballpark, a la Bank One Ballpark in Phoenix and SBC Park in San Francisco. I have visual proof:

It fits fine. It's just not going to happen again. That's why we spent the other $500M for the building next door.

edit - OMMF has taken it upon himself to argue the same things I would have (thank you OMMF).

Maybe the Seahawks could've used that stadium instead of Huskie Stadium during the time Qwest Field was being built.

Why play at a small, awkward stadium when a massive collegiate football stadium is less than two miles away?? No need to worry about an infield, because, hey, here's a football field already set up!! Hashmarks, endzones, and everything!! And what's that, it's in town?? We can fit more people? We can make more money at a bigger stadium? What are the odds?

There are reasons why teams do what they do...they're called money and a bit of common sense.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived