Game-winning R.B.I.'s

sekuloguy

Who leads the M.L.B. in game-winning r.bi.'s. I need a site to reference, because i'm trying to prove to my cousin that A-Rod is more likely to win A.L. M.V.P. than Manny Ramirez. i'm pretty sure it's A-rod ,because i heard it somewere before, but if someone has a site were i can find it it is important thanks.

I'm not sure that Game-Winning-RBI is an official stat anymore. It was for a while in the last 80s-early 90s, but I thought there was some controvery about it, because it seemed to be somewhat arbitrary as to whose RBI actually was the game winning one. Is it the RBI that puts the winning team up for good (like the first run of a shutout), or the RBI that brings in just the leading run (the 6th run in a 7-5 victory)?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

On Baseball Almanac it said "Stat only Official 1980-1988"

The all time leader is Seinfeld star Keith Hernandez with 129. And in a season the "record" is 24, also by Keith Hernandez.

It really isn't a stat that I'd be using for saying "A-Rod is the MVP" because it relays on too many factors that A-Rod has no control over. Timing is one big thing. Then he can't control the runners getting on in front of him.

There are much better stats than that to use.

Who leads the M.L.B. in game-winning r.bi.'s. I need a site to reference, because i'm trying to prove to my cousin that A-Rod is more likely to win A.L. M.V.P. than Manny Ramirez. i'm pretty sure it's A-rod ,because i heard it somewere before, but if someone has a site were i can find it it is important thanks.

Don't base it on homeruns. All A-Rod hits are solo-shots.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

A-Rod's not even the MVP of his own team, let alone the league. I think over the course of the whole season the Giambino (coughbackontheroidscough) is more valuable to the Yankees than A-Rod.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived