North Texas - New Helmets, New Uniforms

TruColor

My alma mater is wearing their new helmets and uniforms right now vs. MTSU.

I believe we already discussed the new uniforms (the school changed their visual identity earlier in the year), but I hadn't seen the new helmets until now.

The old script "North Texas" is gone, but it's been replaced by "NORTH TEXAS" in the new block typeface. It is still on Green helmets, but it looks like it's trimmed in Black. Black facemasks as before. All-Black socks.

The university changed the Green to more of a Kelly Green, but the football team is still using the darker shade of Green that they had been using.

No pics yet (feel free to post if ya find em), but I'll try to put a rendition together...

Like the nunbering on the NT unis. MTSU is expecting a thank you note because they (my alma mater) has gift wrapped this win for y'all.

Yeah, I have to admit - MTSU looks better, but they keep shootin' themselves in the foot.

(that 91-yard interception kinda hurt, huh?)

Teams that just have the name of their school on their helmets should be banned from bowl games for lack of creativity...

Check out this breakthrough helmet design:

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/m...V4&Profile=1096

Logoman

Hey - what are YOU doing here???

Nice to see ya.

Check out this breakthrough helmet design:

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/m...V4&Profile=1096

Keep in mind that Missouri State just changes its name (formerly SW Missouri State), and this is likely a 1-year change to celebrate the name change. Besides, they can't use a plain "M" like Mizzou does, and they can't go with "M-STATE" or "MSU" without looking like Mississippi State. If they keep this more than 1 season, I'd be surprised - they have that very recognizable bear head logo that would look fine on the helmets.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived