Sox win!

Roger Clemente

Last years NLCS with the Astros and Cards was every bit as exciting as the Yanks and Red Sox, and it was National League ball, so it was even better.

Would the Cubs ever be good enough at the right time, a Cards-Cubs NLCS would be twice as good as a Yanks-Red Sox.

There's one problem with that... they're not good enough. That's what makes the Yankees and Red Sox so good.. they're so even.

National League balls better? That's an opinion. If the Cardinals were an AL team, you'd prefer AL Ball.

IUe6Hvh.png

I might claim AL ball and NL ball are equal, but I don't think I'd claim AL ball is better.

I can't think of more than one argument for why AL ball is better, and at that, it's crap.

That'd be that more offense is more exciting...but that's a poor reason.

Oh, I've also heard the AL manager has to figure out when to take his pitcher out because their is no obvious time in the AL, but that's pretty much crap too.

Regardless, throw out that opinion and I'll still tell you that the Cards-Astros series last year was every bit as exciting as the Yanks-Red Sox. Of course that's an opinion too, but so is yours.

Its useless to argue, what's better AL play or NL play. Theres no right answer. Its like saying what's a better game NFL or CFL. Yes NFL is better players but I personally like the Canadian style of the game better, just my opinion. I like AL ball better for the single fact that the Jays play in the AL. I could care less what happens in the NL.

1zqy8ok.gif

Last years NLCS with the Astros and Cards was every bit as exciting as the Yanks and Red Sox, and it was National League ball, so it was even better.

Would the Cubs ever be good enough at the right time, a Cards-Cubs NLCS would be twice as good as a Yanks-Red Sox.

There's one problem with that... they're not good enough. That's what makes the Yankees and Red Sox so good.. they're so even.

National League balls better? That's an opinion. If the Cardinals were an AL team, you'd prefer AL Ball.

I can't say for sure if that's true or not. The only thing I can say is that I played Baseball my entire career with the DH rule. I would have much rather played without it. So saying that, if my favorite team was in the AL, I think I'd still prefer the NL brand of ball. Its a personal preference. I can understand people that don't want to see a pitcher make a fool of himself 3 times a game. I can understand how hit and runs and sacrifices aren't entertaining, I just find that the chess game that ensues is entertaining. I enjoy seeing a pitcher sacrificing a runner over to second.

Now, I came across like I thought the Red Sox Yankees was bad baseball. I didn't mean that. But what I ment was that even if a series gets bad ratings (St. Louis vs. Houston last year) doesn't mean it wasn't great baseball. Just because the Yankees won't play the Red Sox this year, it won't mean it won't be fun to watch. I'm saying Angels/White Sox could be just as well played and just as exciting as the Red Sox/Yankees. America might not tune in, but baseball fans will love it I'm sure.

Hell, I still remember the Marlins vs. the Cubs in 03 and it featured 2 teams I really could care less about. That was a fun series, and not because the Cubs lost.

Archived