Tom Cheek dies.

Roger Clemente

I just read the headline. Sad day for the Blue Jay organisation and all baseball fans in Canada. Also, this must be tough time for his family, with the passing of Tom's father and now Tom himself.

I saw, I came, I left.

This is very sad for the Blue Jays organisation, and it's fans... Tom was the voice of the team, every game from opening day 1977 until the summer of 2003, it's an incredible feat.

During my time with the Blue Jays I would see Tom almost everyday, there was a time we were both waiting outside the same room and he started singing to himself, I read later that he sings before each game to warm up his voice... that'll probably be my most lasting personal memory of Tom.

A site's already been set up -- Tribute to Tom.com -- that link points to mp3's of his most famous calls. That 1993 home run call still gives me the chills.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

This is very sad for the Blue Jays organisation, and it's fans... Tom was the voice of the team, every game from opening day 1977 until the summer of 2003, it's an incredible feat.

During my time with the Blue Jays I would see Tom almost everyday, there was a time we were both waiting outside the same room and he started singing to himself, I read later that he sings before each game to warm up his voice... that'll probably be my most lasting personal memory of Tom.

A site's already been set up -- Tribute to Tom.com -- that link points to mp3's of his most famous calls. That 1993 home run call still gives me the chills.

"Frank doesn't live here."

....anymore. :(

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived