UHL: Week Two

Wild Winger

This week looks like an interesting one in the UHL. My 'Dogs go up against the Vipers of Roanoke Valley. I predict the 'Dogs will get their act together and win 4-2. Saturday, Richmond defeats Danbury in shootout 3-2 (I HOPE SO). But, As far as a shock, Adirondack is on top of the division and Muskegon still looks strong.

Sorry, gonna have to humbly disagree with your take on the Saturday Richmond/Danbury showdown...nothing personal and all ;):lol: I will say that it'll be a fun game (I'll be watching courtesy of the B2 feed)...and I'm kinda expecting that much anticipated Mirasty/Tedstone matchup.

Friday, I see the Dogs putting a hurtin on the Vipes (both physically and on the scoreboard) and Danbury opening the DIA back up in style by beating on Elmira (they've improved, but they ain't exactly contenders.)

Sunday, Danbury hosts the Snakes (after the Snakes visit Elmira for the Jackals home opener)...I sense a Danbury win there too.

Surprises? I'd have to say Quad City's fast start to the year....the Mallards pretty much did notta much in the ol' player recruitment department (outside of wooing Kevin Tapp away from Missouri..heck of a pickup there in nets for em). Adirondack's wins were kinda shocking...I thought the Dogs would have gotten 1 out of the 3. The Fightin Melroses just were deadly on the PP...hopefully, they get a dose of reality this weekend (seeing they're in Port Huron and Muskegon)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

:cry: Wow, I am very dissappointed in this team. I can't believe what I am seeing. After Saturday's game, I am convinced this team is not going anywhere unless we make some changes. Robbie Nichols better start producing a winner or no one is going to show up to the games. I don't intend to return to the Pound until we have our first win (Lord knows when that will come). Tsk, Tsk, 'Dogs. :cry:

:cry: Wow, I am very dissappointed in this team. I can't believe what I am seeing. After Saturday's game, I am convinced this team is not going anywhere unless we make some changes. Robbie Nichols better start producing a winner or no one is going to show up to the games. I don't intend to return to the Pound until we have our first win (Lord knows when that will come). Tsk, Tsk, 'Dogs. :cry:

Don't blame ya...Saturday wasn't a great game if you were a Dogs fan at all. I'm just happy my guys bounced back from a very ploppy performance the night before.

If anything, you guys need some better defensemen and some better goaltending...that and ya gotta stop taking the silly penalties. Other than that, there's some hope there (as in, it's not that bad of a club, just needs to work on some fundamentals)...

Then there's Roanoke, who came up here last night....sorry, NOT IMPRESSED by the Snakes. They looked like THEY were the ones that made the trip from VA to CT and not the Trashers. 6-2 final, but the game wasn't even that close.

WW, look on the bright side, at least the Dogs didn't do what Missouri did this weekend....2 games, 18 goals allowed. Yah, they coughed up 9 goals in each game (granted it was against Rockford and Muskegon, but still...that's kinda inexcusable no matter who you're playing and what you got on the roster)...

FANTASY TEAMS

I don't intend to return to the Pound until we have our first win (Lord knows when that will come). Tsk, Tsk, 'Dogs. :cry:

Where are you usually sat in the Pound? I might drop by and mutter random logo things as I shuffle passed a la rain man.

I never thought I'd see the Flint Generals dead last in attendance. I don't think that's happened in over a decade. Then again, what do you expect when the idiot owner cuts costs on everything, from arena maintenance to how much he's willing to pay for players. :mad::mad:

I'm not throwing in the towel yet, but I wouldn't be shocked if this season goes down as the worst in Generals history. :blink:

Dr. Shukairy, if you're going to let both the arena and the Generals waste away, do the right thing and just sell both of them. :mad:

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

I never thought I'd see the Flint Generals dead last in attendance. I don't think that's happened in over a decade. Then again, what do you expect when the idiot owner cuts costs on everything, from arena maintenance to how much he's willing to pay for players. :mad::mad:

I'm not throwing in the towel yet, but I wouldn't be shocked if this season goes down as the worst in Generals history. :blink:

Dr. Shukairy, if you're going to let both the arena and the Generals waste away, do the right thing and just sell both of them. :mad:

agreed, i'll always be a Generals fan, but they way the Doc is letting the team waste away, don't be surprised to see the team wither away. Hopefully this doesn't happen and lets hope he does the right thing and sells the team

To be honest, I'm not surprised at what's happening in Richmond. After last season's disaster in Flint, I don't believe Robbie Nichols is capable of building a winning hockey team anymore. And judging by the "talent" brought in during last season (Brendan Tedstone, Phil Kenner, Andy Rymsha, etc...), I'd say his hockey connections are long gone.

Bloodhound.gif

I never thought I'd see the Flint Generals dead last in attendance. I don't think that's happened in over a decade. Then again, what do you expect when the idiot owner cuts costs on everything, from arena maintenance to how much he's willing to pay for players. :mad:  :mad:

agreed, i'll always be a Generals fan, but they way the Doc is letting the team waste away, don't be surprised to see the team wither away. Hopefully this doesn't happen and lets hope he does the right thing and sells the team

Eh, just my opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised if the UHL took over the Generals before letting them wither away. Flint's been in the CoHL/UHL since the beginning, and has been one of the better drawing cities every year, except for this season.

Bloodhound.gif

What's going on in Flint is downright criminal...I mean, if it was a situation where the team wasn't going great, that's one thing. But the Doc doesn't seem to give a plop about anything going on there (let's just say opening weekend, he made LOTS of friends here in the Danbury area with the whole no B2 link mess).

I've read plenty over on ITB on how it's all going down....maybe Donut Boy that writes for the frickin' Flint paper will finally give it some attention to the wonderful job the Doc is doing killing hockey in Flint...but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that issue...

I'm toying with the idea of going out there for a game this year (January 7th when the Trashers make their 2nd and final visit...already going to the Motor City game the night before in Fraser and making the trek down to Fort Wayne for the game on the 8th), now I'm not so sure....mostly b/c I don't want my $$$ from CT padding the wallet of that scumbag Shukairy.

FANTASY TEAMS

I never thought I'd see the Flint Generals dead last in attendance. I don't think that's happened in over a decade. Then again, what do you expect when the idiot owner cuts costs on everything, from arena maintenance to how much he's willing to pay for players. :mad:  :mad:

What's going on in Flint is downright criminal...I mean, if it was a situation where the team wasn't going great, that's one thing. But the Doc doesn't seem to give a plop about anything going on there (let's just say opening weekend, he made LOTS of friends here in the Danbury area with the whole no B2 link mess).

I've read plenty over on ITB on how it's all going down....maybe Donut Boy that writes for the frickin' Flint paper will finally give it some attention to the wonderful job the Doc is doing killing hockey in Flint...but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that issue...

I'm toying with the idea of going out there for a game this year (January 7th when the Trashers make their 2nd and final visit...already going to the Motor City game the night before in Fraser and making the trek down to Fort Wayne for the game on the 8th), now I'm not so sure....mostly b/c I don't want my $$$ from CT padding the wallet of that scumbag Shukairy.

Donut Boy (or Jabba the Journalist, or whatever you prefer) wrote an article today that weakly pointed out how Dr. Shukairy was keeping the purse strings incredibly tight in Flint. He could be a LOT more critical though. I won't hold my breath on that happening though. <_<

The best thing for Flint hockey would be for Shukairy to sell both the Generals and the Perani Center. There's no excuse for this to be happening.

Bloodhound.gif

Archived