1) San Antonio

2) Phoenix

3) Denver

4) Houston

5) Seattle

6) Dallas

7) Minnesota

8) Golden State

New York ? you are picking the Knicks to win the Division and the Nets to miss the playoffs, me just picking the Knicks to make the playoffs is a stretch but no Nets?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

First off, you know how piss-poor the Atlantic Division is. The Nets do have talented players, but they reached their peak in '03. Not even Vince can save them. The Knicks are much improved with the additions of Richardson and Curry, and I am a huge believer in Larry Brown as a coach. The Knicks can win the Atlantic, no doubt.

6uXNWAo.png

But the Nets not to make the playoffs in the same poor division with Jason Kidd, Richard Jefferson and Vince Carter.

Yeah the Knicks wil be improved, but of all your predictions the Nets is the only one I take issue with.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

But the Nets not to make the playoffs in the same poor division with Jason Kidd, Richard Jefferson and Vince Carter.

Yeah the Knicks wil be improved, but of all your predictions the Nets is the only one I take issue with.

The Nets were 8th in the East last season, and then didn't add anyone in the off-season, so what makes you think they're all of a sudden going to contend for the title?? You have them in the Eastern finals. That's crazy!! If I didn't know any better, I'd say you are just a baised Nets fan what can't accept that their glory days of 2002-03 are over.

6uXNWAo.png

The Nets were 8th last year with Kidd missing the first 2 months, and Jefferson missing the last 2, and the Nets now have Clifford Robinson and Jeff McInnis.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Oh yeah, Clifford Robinson. That's a nice acquisition if this is 1995.

New Jersey also had everyone back for the playoffs and still got swept in four games by the Heat.

The Nets will be worse than the Knicks. I'm pretty sure of it.

6uXNWAo.png

No way Larry Brown is good be he is not that good.

Nets are good enough to go to Conference Finals this year, and you forget last year they played the Heat, anyoen coudl have gotten swept by the Heat.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Larry Brown only turned around the 76ers and led them to the Finals, then led Detroit to two NBA Finals, and a Championship, and keep in mind that both team were NOT contenders when he took over. LB is the read deal. Hands down the best "coach" in the NBA today.

And you think Lawrence Frank is any better?? Wanna tell me what the hell has he ever done.

The Nets suck, again. Get over it.

6uXNWAo.png

It's not like when Larry Brown takes over a team, they drop the the bottom of the conference. I'm not predicting New York to "win it all", but they'll be much improved. The current team the Knicks have with Larry Brown can beat any team in the Atlantic and win the division. I'm sure there are other non-Nets fans out there that would agree with me.

6uXNWAo.png

Bottom line, Larry Brown took the Clippers to the playoffs.

End of story.

The Knicks in the playoffs? Absolutely. The Nets? I would say so. Where the two are positioned is an entirely different issue.... I think the Nets will start out alright, and the Knicks are going to start out slow as they learn Larry Brown's system, but I would wager that they become one of those second half teams that catches fire. In any event, your predictions are definitely off the mark IMO... here's how I see them going:

Eastern

1) Indiana

2) Detroit

3) New Jersey

4) Miami

5) Cleveland

6) New York

7) Chicago

8) Washington

-Indiana will a full roster, plus the additions of Granger and Jasikevicius? Come on, they're the clearly the best team in the East.

-Detroit remains the same, adds another big body in Dale Davis and a quality coach in Saunders, they should be fine.

-Miami will be good, but not as good as predicted. Too many egos, too many people demanding the ball. Apparently noone learned the lesson Mark Cuban did... they're going to fail and it's going to be amazing.

-Chicago, Cleveland, Washington, Jersey all in the playoffs last year, no reason why not this year. Chicago w/o Curry during the season won't be as high as last yr. LeBron has a nice cast, 5th is for them. Washington barely makes it thanks to Arenas and Jamison, but without Hughes they'll struggle.

Western

1) San Antonio

2) Denver

3) Sacramento

4) Houston

5) Dallas

6) Phoenix

7) Golden State

8) Los Angeles Lakers

-San Antonio, same exact team, but they added Van Exel and Michael Finley for offensive support for those expected droughts.... they repeat, no question. I'd bet my life on it.

-Denver, damn good squad, George Karl for the full year, easily 2nd.

-Sacramento and Houston should switch, but they can't because of the league alignment rules. So Sac-Town gets their division because Phoenix will come back to earth thanks to Amare Stoudamire being out until January or so. No Amare, no chance.

-Houston is going to be the "surprise" in the West.

-Golden State has a solid roster, and with B.Diddy healthy should make the playoffs in the bottom 2 seeds.

-LA - won't make noise, but Phil Jax is good enough for an 8th seed. The bottom of the west is actually more wide open than the east, imo.

Indiana over Miami in the Eastern finals. San Antonio over Houston in the Western finals. 2006 NBA Finals: San Antonio over Indiana in 6.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

No way Larry Brown is good be he is not that good.

Nets are good enough to go to Conference Finals this year, and you forget last year they played the Heat, anyoen coudl have gotten swept by the Heat.

maybe u need phonix.

New York ? you are picking the Knicks to win the Division and the Nets to miss the playoffs, me just picking the Knicks to make the playoffs is a stretch but no Nets?

just kiddin

I like how Tank has the Heat over the Spurs in the Stanley Cup Finals. 

Well maybe that would make up for last year's lockout :hockeysmiley:

Oh yeah, and trust me, as a Laker fan I know how bad this team truly is. Minus Atkins and Butler and with Kwame "I Suck at Basketball, But I Still Got Picked No. 1" Brown, we'll be lucky to finish 12th in the West.

Other than Portland, Utah and the New Orleans-Oklahoma City-Baton Rouge-some landfill in the middle of nowhere-Hornets, I think the Lakers are the worst team in that Western Conference.

espnsig.gif

Archived