Churchill Downs Unveils Derby 132 Logo

paynomind

KyDerby2006.gif

The logo for the 132nd Kentucky Derby (gr. I) was introduced Nov. 1 at Churchill Downs. The silhouette of a jockey aboard a Thoroughbred in full stride, with both figures flashing past a stylized version of the historic track's legendary Twin Spires, is the focus of the official event logo for next year's classic

The 2006 Derby logo, which incorporates traditional Derby colors of red and green, also prominently displays the number 132 and a signature red rose is embedded in the name of the event. The logo, which will serve as the official symbol for the 2006 renewal of the world famous "Run for the Roses," was created for the fourth consecutive year by the Churchill Downs Inc.'s Creative Services team.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

This is lackluster. The design Joe Bosack has on his website for last year's event is infinitely better than this. They should have let him do it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

it kinda looks like the spires are like a hat or something ontop of the rider, maybe if they cut the spires a equa-distance from the rider at all places, like a clear line around it, then it would look better, or if they put them a different color and move them down a little so they are touching the rider at all parts.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Archived