Jazz concepts

Delux247

I voted Dark Blue on all three. Purple is gross, White should only be on home jerseys, Gray panels are too Phoenix Suns-ish, Light Blue panels are still a little too light for road jerseys.

For the base... Purple is still gross and Black is overdone. Light Blue/Dark Blue just screams Utah. Jazz on the other hand is a totally different argument that I won't get into.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Light Blue/Dark Blue just screams Utah.

I thought it screamed Memphis

Or Dallas

Or marketing fad

:lol:!

That said, where's the teal concept?

If I had to pick one, I'd go with a purple base. Purple is the traditional color of royalty, and it's seemed to work out OK for the Lakers. That, and the Jazz are one of two teams to play in the Rockies, which, according to song, are "purple mountains' majesty" and all that. What color(s) you pair purple up with may need some rethinking; I don't know that I like any of the choices.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

If you want to talk about "screaming Utah," which incidentally, would be a great name for a punk rock band, I think the old motif had it down. Purple mountains majesty, big sky, evergreens, and copper mining. My theory was they went from representing Jazz to representing Utah with the '96 switch. With the 2004 switch, I have no earthly idea what they're going for.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived