VT Futuristic Jerseys Again?

SeahawkDevil

Yet another piece of evidence suggesting that most outstanding high school athletes are, in fact, retarded.

Makes me wonder why San Jose State's recruiting didn't go through the roof when they wore that black-n-blue trash a few seasons ago.  I mean, those were hideous - shouldn't athletes have loved them?

There's some teams that can look ugly and get away with it. SJSU can't do that because they freakin' suck.

IIRC, SJSU asked for something that would give them "street cred" when they got those uniforms. They were supposed to help recruiting. Yes, you do have to win to recruit.

On that note, Tech is now down 27-0. We'll see if the harlequin suits survive a home field beat down.

That can of whoop-ass Miami opened up was Tech's just reward for wearing those monstrocities again. Wear them once...upset the uniform gods, wear them again, the uniform gods must smite you! Hope Frankie keeps these babies in the closet until next Halloween...

Miami looked good in all-white only because it wasn't Tech in those "futuristic" duds, but I didn't like the whited out look. However, they won so expect to see it again, and probably this season.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I am not a big fan of Miami's ultrafuturistic uniforms with the, ahem, unique striping. But it was nice to see da U play a game where they were the better dressed team. :P

That said, it's sad that Beamer is willing to let the recruits decide how his team is dressed. When you turn over the wardrobe decisions to a bunch of kids who've yet to graduate high school and who've yet to commit to your school, you set yourself up to look ridiculous.

My point is this, for those of us older than college football recruits: has your fashion sense - or sense in general - changed since you were 17 or 18? I know mine has, and if I had teenagers dressing me for work, I'd be laughed out of the hospital. And so it is here. It's not VT's fault that they're saddled with ridiculous colors, but these teenagers need to realize that they're representing a university that a lot of people take a lot of pride in, and they're making the school look foolish dressing up in clown suits.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Rough quote from the game

Beamer: The recruits love em. If the kids love em, then we're gonna keep wearin em.

OH NO.

So......going by that logic shouldn't Pitt then revert back to their 70s-80s Unis then seeing as all who were asked after the throwback game this year loved them?

Oh and those white on white Miami unis, was a little hard on the eyes in the "d**n thats alot of white on my TV" kinda way

Rough quote from the game

Beamer: The recruits love em. If the kids love em, then we're gonna keep wearin em.

OH NO.

Only one thing comes to my mind when I saw that:

(EDIT: Actually, two things... you can tell what I want done.)

:puke: Nike :puke: Nike :puke: Nike :puke: Nike :puke: Nike

Archived