NBA-NFL

AHcreative

Okay so you have seen my concepts on Coltzfan's thread, but I'm going to start my own. Here are the Hawks, some of you might have seen this one, but 'I'm going to do these alphabetically. My intention is to try to make these like the basketball jerseys, so, white is home, dark is away, and if the team has an alternate jersey I will also make the alternate football jersey. So here we go!

C&C Please!

#1 The Hawks-

hawksxover4ad.png

I think you've got a good idea with most of these (including the ones in the other thread), but the execution is lacking. There is no way you can make a decent crossover concept in like 15 minutes or whatever. You need to develop these more. These look like practice uniforms, and you know how people feel about practice...lol.

Now allow me to step up on my soapbox for a couple of minutes. I thought doing these crossovers were cool, too, up until maybe last week or something. Hell, I think I did 6 or 7 MLB-NFL crossovers and while I think they look pretty cool for the most part, they don't really add anything to the community and don't seem to require any real skill. There's a reason why the real designers don't go near these things and us hacks and beginners do. Focus on being original, no matter how long it takes you to do your concepts. I have taken more pride in my Astrobowl concepts (Newberry Knights and New Jersey Generals a/k/a "abomination") than I have in all of the recolors and crossovers combined. I know you've got to start somewhere, but I just don't think this is the place.

I'm off the soapbox...sorry if I've offended. :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I think you've got a good idea with most of these (including the ones in the other thread), but the execution is lacking. There is no way you can make a decent crossover concept in like 15 minutes or whatever. You need to develop these more. These look like practice uniforms, and you know how people feel about practice...lol.

Now allow me to step up on my soapbox for a couple of minutes. I thought doing these crossovers were cool, too, up until maybe last week or something. Hell, I think I did 6 or 7 MLB-NFL crossovers and while I think they look pretty cool for the most part, they don't really add anything to the community and don't seem to require any real skill. There's a reason why the real designers don't go near these things and us hacks and beginners do. Focus on being original, no matter how long it takes you to do your concepts. I have taken more pride in my Astrobowl concepts (Newberry Knights and New Jersey Generals a/k/a "abomination") than I have in all of the recolors and crossovers combined. I know you've got to start somewhere, but I just don't think this is the place.

Amen, bro. It's about time someone stepped up and said that.

We should think about pinning this... :P

I agree that lately there has just been an enormous amount of crossovers out their, it's become overkill

Is this the same guy that tried to do a 4-league recolor and someone was like "no it's been done, better, too" and he went "NOBODY'S GONNA GET IN THE WAY OF ME AND MY DREAM!" and he kept churning out recolored logos with the first color still left on the edges, until it got locked?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

We should think about pinning this... :P

I agree that lately there has just been an enormous amount of crossovers out their, it's  become overkill

Naw, you didn't offend, Jigga. You spoke the truth.

As for the overkill, these things come and go in cycles. A couple of months back, a disturbing amount of (new) members took the basic baseball template, cut & pasted logos from different eras in 1 team's history (e.g. Mariners' upside-down trident, "M's" baseball, compass rose), slapped them all over the template, colored in the button area of the jersey and then the rest of the jersey in a gaudy contrast color, and called it a concept.

Fellow (new) members said, "KEWL!! These own3d what the t3am wor b4 up til now. Theez rul3!!!!!11!!!1" or some nonsense gibberish like that. So they did their take on this same awful look. Other (older) members railed at them, and told them their designs were craptacular. Soon enough, the fad died out and we haven't seen them. God help us if they come back.

So it is with this "novelty" - "OMG! The D-Backs play in the same city as the Suns, and wouldn't it be super-kewl if we could see what the Suns' jerseys looked like in D-Backs' colors? And then, there are, like 30 teams in each league, and some of those leagues have teams in the same city as other leagues, and OMG we can totally beat this to death!"

It'll stop. Give it time, be patient. The backlash has begun, and a new horrible idea will be beaten to death soon. :cursing:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Is this the same guy that tried to do a 4-league recolor and someone was like "no it's been done, better, too" and he went "NOBODY'S GONNA GET IN THE WAY OF ME AND MY DREAM!" and he kept churning out recolored logos with the first color still left on the edges, until it got locked?

Nope

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

It'll stop. Give it time, be patient. The backlash has begun, and a new horrible idea will be beaten to death soon. :cursing:

"ok ok ok, what if we take the list of teams by city, and shift them all one place! So we have the Atlanta Celtics, and the Boston Bulls........WHAT IF?!?!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As for the overkill, these things come and go in cycles.  A couple of months back, a disturbing amount of (new) members took the basic baseball template, cut & pasted logos from different eras in 1 team's history (e.g. Mariners' upside-down trident, "M's" baseball, compass rose), slapped them all over the template, colored in the button area of the jersey and then the rest of the jersey in a gaudy contrast color, and called it a concept.

Fellow (new) members said, "KEWL!! These own3d what the t3am wor b4 up til now.  Theez rul3!!!!!11!!!1" or some nonsense gibberish like that.  So they did their take on this same awful look.  Other (older) members railed at them, and told them their designs were craptacular.  Soon enough, the fad died out and we haven't seen them.  God help us if they come back.

lol, lets hope

So it is with this "novelty" - "OMG!  The D-Backs play in the same city as the Suns, and wouldn't it be super-kewl if we could see what the Suns' jerseys looked like in D-Backs' colors?  And then, there are, like 30 teams in each league, and some of those leagues have teams in the same city as other leagues, and OMG we can totally beat this to death!"

It'll stop.  Give it time, be patient.  The backlash has begun, and a new horrible idea will be beaten to death soon.  :cursing:

Yeh...I geuss I went over the edge by saying this is overkill and I have been around in my short time hear to notice that trends on concepts come and go, I'll try to be patient, and I admit I did make one crossover for the Yankees...but that's it.

Yeh...I guess I went over the edge by saying this is overkill and I have been around in my short time hear to notice that trends on concepts come and go, I'll try to be patient, and I admit I did make one crossover for the Yankees...but that's it.

At some point, we've probably all tried one or two crossovers. I know I did a UNC/NC State crossover, and it was OK. But it was 1 crossover of 2 rival schools.

Where it does become overkill is where you start doing every permutation of a possible crossover. Around 30 teams in each of the "major leagues" x 4 major league sports equals a dizzying amount of color combinations. If you really really really need to see what the Astros would look like in Texans' colors because you can't envision it in your head, this is for you. Otherwise, we get the idea by the 3rd or 4th design, and we can usually extrapolate from there.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived