Jersey Shore Crushers Aussie Rules Concept

BB61

So last week, gordie_delini made a logo for my World Aussie Rules Assocation footy team, the Jersey Shore Crushers, and posted it in this here thread. I made mention that I wanted to have a crack at the uniforms, but he offered to make some tweaks and gussie them up on his Footy template.

Earlier this year, I thought I was getting a WAFA team, so I came up with a team, the Atlantic Ocean Crushers of New Jersey, which was basically me trying to be cute and failing. I came up with the interlocking letters trying to draw inspiration from Carlton, but as you can see, it didn't stand up much. I always wanted the logo to be a turtle (after Crush from Finding Nemo -- hey, I like the name), but I can't draw... I just do uniforms.

So that's the backstory. I drew much of my inspiration from the first set I created, an idea that I liked so much and wanted to keep intact, which is (one of the reasons) why I asked to do the logos myself.

So here's what I came up with on my template with my hands on my computer...

Main:

smCrush01.jpg

Clash:

smCrush02.jpg

Alternate, drawn from Gordie's idea. Depicted the turtle to make it look like it was "swimming" across the front. I tried to add bubbles (little ones), but I couldn't figure out how to do it without making it look too gaudy:

smCrush03.jpg

Vintage, using the old "AOC" logo.

smCrush04.jpg

And that's it. C&C is appreciated, of course. Gordie, I'll send these to you in an e-mail in larger form.

philly.png

cool, i can actually critique a jumper instead of watching my own go by the wayside :D

i love the idea behind the third guernsey, as I completely get what you're trying to convey: he's swimming!

the home and away, I'm not really sold on em, they sort of underwhelm me. I can see where you're goin with em, but they're somehow bland to me.

heh, when I unveil my team name and uniform, feel free to rip me apart :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

cool, i can actually critique a jumper instead of watching my own go by the wayside :D

i love the idea behind the third guernsey, as I completely get what you're trying to convey: he's swimming!

the home and away, I'm not really sold on em, they sort of underwhelm me. I can see where you're goin with em, but they're somehow bland to me.

heh, when I unveil my team name and uniform, feel free to rip me apart :D

You probably like alts better because it wasn't my idea. :cry::D

I forgot you had a team in WAFA. Or maybe I just found out. I'm not sure. In either even, I won't rip you apart too much, you did come up with Le Coq, after all. ^_^

philly.png

i like the jumper desings brian, mate, but the shorts colours, imo the home would look cool with black or white shorts, the away with white but black works, the alternate with white shorts would look cool and the heritage with black short would look cool imo, but then thats just me and the AFL the away team always wears white shorts, and up until the 70's the hometeam always wore black shorts, then along came colour TV

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

You've addressed something that really bugs me in the Australian AFL. You have actually put the team logo on the left breast. In my opinion, it gives the team a greater identity. In the AFL most teams have just a sponsor there and it looks crap. Even with the sponsor on these designs they look good as they aren't obtrusive. Glad to see such an innovation.

sig.png

You've addressed something that really bugs me in the Australian AFL. You have actually put the team logo on the left breast. In my opinion, it gives the team a greater identity. In the AFL most teams have just a sponsor there and it looks crap. Even with the sponsor on these designs they look good as they aren't obtrusive. Glad to see such an innovation.

StKilda & Hawthorn have their logo there, and Melbourne did in 2004.

Brisbane wear the old Fitzroy jumpers in Heritage week, and they have it too.

But yeah, the rest sell that little space for advertising, instead of the front like the rugby do, which is significantly worse.

Are they the Parramatta Eels? Or the Asics Eels? for instance.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

You and I both know that both sports are not cashed up and rely heavily on sponsorship and therefore have too many sponsors logos on their uniforms. I can't really see this changing any time soon though.

I also recognise the fact that the AFL is unique in that a team's identity can be more identifiable on the guernsey than the teams logo itself (such as the sash that both Essendon and Richmond have). But that spot above the heart should be reserved for the team's logo, it represents a sense of belonging and comradery within the team, which is supposed to be upheld by the player.

In most cases, Rugby (and many other sports) have the sponsoring on the front because the team doesn't have an essential, identifiable design to be obscured in that particular area. This doesn't bother me because it's been that way my entire life.

In the case of the AFL I would scrap that small sponsor's logo (hardly visible anyway) and replace it with the team logo. Or at least scrap the AFL logo (its not hard to identify what sport they are playing, not too many sports have such uniforms or gameplay) and switch the sponsor to there and put the team logo in its rightful place.

The Eels are just stupid; they change their logo so the Eel is shaped like the asics trademark (shape of a partial differential sign), then the next year they lose them as a major sponsor and next year have little or nothing to do with them. Should call them the Lobotomy Eels instead.

sig.png

Well, I asked Alphabet Man for his opinion before I finished these, and he said that only a handful of teams had their logos on them, but those that did had them with the small logo over the left brest. That's the way I thought all teams where (with the exception of Carlton because theirs is in the center, just like my heritage jumper). There is only the one logo on the front of the heritage because it was the only logo I had on the original set.

If you look at the set that I did originally (the link is in the first post of this thread), you see that I only had one sponsor, it was on the back, and I had the logo on the breast by its ownsome.

I kept the logo on the breast because even though I feel my identity is solid and unique with the jumpers alone (the wave), I needed to have it on there because that too is part of the identity.

The whole thing with adding a sponsor's name to a team name is rediculous. If you want to sponsor the team, plaster it all over the place in a physical sense. There's no need to subplant a team's locale just because you're able to shell out 7 figures on a whim.

philly.png

I forgot you had a team in WAFA. Or maybe I just found out. I'm not sure. In either even, I won't rip you apart too much, you did come up with Le Coq, after all.

eh, I just snuck in through the back door a couple days ago :D I figure I'll be unveiling my logo and jumpers tomorrow.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I really like these, the alternate with the turtle swimming across it is definitely the best in my opinion, the other main and vintage are a toss-up, i like them both, but i don't really like the yellow in the clash, i mean i know it is a clash jersey but, maybe something could be done.

I forgot you had a team in WAFA. Or maybe I just found out. I'm not sure. In either even, I won't rip you apart too much, you did come up with Le Coq, after all.

eh, I just snuck in through the back door a couple days ago :D I figure I'll be unveiling my logo and jumpers tomorrow.

sshhhhhhhh......

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I really like these, the alternate with the turtle swimming across it is definitely the best in my opinion, the other main and vintage are a toss-up, i like them both, but i don't really like the yellow in the clash, i mean i know it is a clash jersey but, maybe something could be done.

I'm not changing it to white, if that's what you mean. :P

philly.png

Archived