New Southwest Conference

Saint Zephyr III

Hey there, Saint Zephyr here. If you may or may not know, in my hometown of San Antonio, the University of Texas-San Antonio is very close to finally having a football program. Considering that it actually surpasses UTEP in attendance, it will most likely end up as a 1A school (which will create an interesting rivalry once the new Texas A&M-San Antonio is built, but I digress). What this could mean is perhaps a movement to rebuild a new Southwest Conference. While the odds of that happening is very vague, I decided to fool with the idea by restructuring conferences and begin a remodeling of their uniforms. So, here we go.

We first take the entire Western Division of the C-USA (Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, Rice, SMU, UTEP), as three of those programs were longtime members of the old conference. Then TCU moves, again, to join its former SWC comrades. Finally, we take North Texas and LA-Lafayette from the Sun Belt, the reminants of which becomes the new Western Division of the C-USA. That gives us a nice number of ten, with those two slots open for expansion. We'll see. Anyways, here's how it looks like.

1) UTSA Roadrunners

2) Houston Cougars

3) Rice Owls

4) SMU Mustangs

5) TCU Horned Frogs

6) UTEP Miners

7) Tulane Green Wave

8) Tulsa Golden Hurricane

9) North Texas Mean Green

10) Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns

Soon, I'll start on uniform concepts...if y'all could tell me how I exactly post my images on this message board anyway, as this is my first time. Once I gain that knowledge, I'll start churning like a mad man.

GR30a5H.png

Hey there, Saint Zephyr here. If you may or may not know, in my hometown of San Antonio, the University of Texas-San Antonio is very close to finally having a football program. Considering that it actually surpasses UTEP in attendance, it will most likely end up as a 1A school (which will create an interesting rivalry once the new Texas A&M-San Antonio is built, but I digress). What this could mean is perhaps a movement to rebuild a new Southwest Conference. While the odds of that happening is very vague, I decided to fool with the idea by restructuring conferences and begin a remodeling of their uniforms. So, here we go.

We first take the entire Western Division of the C-USA (Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, Rice, SMU, UTEP), as three of those programs were longtime members of the old conference. Then TCU moves, again, to join its former SWC comrades. Finally, we take North Texas and LA-Lafayette from the Sun Belt, the reminants of which becomes the new Western Division of the C-USA. That gives us a nice number of ten, with those two slots open for expansion. We'll see. Anyways, here's how it looks like.

1) UTSA Roadrunners

2) Houston Cougars

3) Rice Owls

4) SMU Mustangs

5) TCU Horned Frogs

6) UTEP Miners

7) Tulane Green Wave

Soon, I'll start on uniform concepts...if y'all could tell me how I exactly post my images on this message board anyway, as this is my first time. Once I gain that knowledge, I'll start churning like a mad man.

TCU will never leave the MWC to go to a brand new conference

1) UTSA Roadrunners

2) Houston Cougars

3) Rice Owls

4) SMU Mustangs

5) TCU Horned Frogs

6) UTEP Miners

7) Tulane Green Wave

TCU will never leave the MWC to go to a brand new conference

i agree that tcu will never go to a new conference, and besides, some of these teams don't need new uniforms. however, it might be fun to see, so i'm all for it.

Archived