NRL Redesign Project Mach II

Gazzzaf

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really liking this collection. Cleaner, simpler, more attractive.

There's just something about Lime Green that says "we're struggling for colour combos here guys".

But I like it when it's toned down in the white kit.

"We're struggling" is the motto for just about EVERYTHING here :)

I think the alternate is a better design than the main/reverse jerseys because there are more stripes.

Its definitely along the lines of what Manly should be wearing, and both concepts are massive improvements on that monstrosity they have worn the last 2 seasons.

liverpool-1.png

I'm with jr79: I prefer the Sea-Eagles' striped alt to the home/away; but there's nothing inherently wrong with those either. The alt really brings back memories of the late 70s-80s jerseys; and the team's success in those years is worth recalling.

I can't seem to find any pictures of their mid-nineties jerseys, when they were in the grand final three years running (with one win), though I remember them to be good :P.

The Bulldogs jerseys are fine now; I can't figure out what you changed, and I'm fine with that; they're great.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

ARGH! And the alternate has the stripes running DOWN the sleeves.

*sigh*. This is a travesty, this is; I'll remind you all of my comments regarding my hatred of the little arrowhead below the sponsor's logo in the days of Penfolds.

And that V is so bloody acute it looks like it's directing your attention to the wearer's genitalia.

I'm so glad I bought a Classic jersey last season. I need to go out and buy a new Steelers jersey before they replace them with this crap.

I wonder if it's too late to complain.

Crests.gif

I agree with you on all accounts there, the worst thing is that they've done a 5 year deal with Adidas. Hopefully they will get many, many complaints so they have to change their design for before next season or 2007.

sig.png

They just got one from me :).

I hope you don't mind, but I linked to this forum thread. I really think that your Dragons concept is exactly what they should be wearing (though I'm still not sold on the grey, at least it's better than their current Charity Shield ones).

Crests.gif

I've got no problem with that at all, its for the greater good...

By the way, here are some other shockers for 2006

altjersey06H.jpg

(Not picture are the matching red shorts)

new%20strip.JPG

(I think the word "Hot" is completely inappropriate for this design. T shirts (especially tight ones as is above) should only be worn by clubs with no heritage.)

sig.png

Urgh!

And did you notice that the Dragons have changed to Polyester jerseys too? And the V-neck you liked so much :P.

I don't entirely hate the Knights jersey, though the red doesn't scream Newcastle to me (and gradiated sublimation isn't exactly... good).

The Rabbitohs jersey is just CRAP. Your comments are completely correct; they have close to a century of tradition to draw on and they look like the Panthers from the mid-nineties.

Crests.gif

I like the V neck but the site says crew neck which is more like a t-shirt.

My major problem with the new Knights design is that theyll be wearing red shorts, to me red on red doesn't look right. I would prefer blue or even white shorts over red.

I'm pretty worried about what my team (Raiders) will come up with

sig.png

Wow; I'm surprised by how much I like your Sharks kit. I normally hate a gradient concept straight away, significantly preferring a traditionalist approach to jerseys (I still like cotton jerseys :P).

They're sharp; consistent with the sorts of uniforms they actually wear, inclusive of their nice traditional alternate, and very shark-like. I like the charcoal grey instead of black approach; is that honestly what they have now and I just haven't noticed?

Nice collars too. I'm not a big fan of the V-neck (I prefer the collars), but that sort of hybrid; I'm not sure I've ever seen that before. Personally, I think the traditional stripes of the alternate deserve a traditional collar, but that's just me :P. Beautiful socks too.

The shorts might be a bit much, but you'd have too see them modelled to know.

Once again, fantastic concept. I'm curious to see what you do with the Tigers (their new outfit is very much love 'em or hate 'em).

It's a little off-topic, but I personally preferred the previous Sharks logo; the one in the star. I think the new one (especially that stupid wordmark) just isn't as good.

Crests.gif

I modelled the collar on Liverpool FC's, I just liked dow it had a collar that didnt really need to fold down.

I'm actually doing the Tigers right now, I just have to do the shorts, socks and sponsors. I hope to get that up by tonight.

I dont really mind the new sharks logo except for that "spade" shape behind the shark, I reckon it would look great without it.

sig.png

Wests Tigers, fairly familiar but thats because I'm a fan of their current ones. I did Orange for the main and black for the reverse but these ould be interchanged depending on whether they play at Campbelltown or Leichardt.

tigers-main.gif

tigers-reverse.gif

tigers-alternate.gif

sig.png

Archived