NRL Redesign Project Mach II

Gazzzaf

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very impressed with what you did with both the Tigers and the Broncos.

The Tigers is nice; I especially like the Blacks. The Broncos kit is just great. I like the addition of the lines on the side, and the throwback alt. You removed the Magpie from the sleeves though; I can't think why you'd choose to do that.

One other thing; I had an opportunity to see the Adidas Dragons jersey the other day; the back has a whopping great big OKI logo on the bottom UNDER the number as well; what a shocking jersey.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

I didn't put the magpie in because it takes extra time to find the logo and then add it, I think that the reverse strip does a fairly good job in representing the Wests side of the merger.

I wasn't sure people would like the Broncos strips I did because they were a little different but its good to see good feedback over them.

I can't believe that St George has gone and ruined what could have been a good change for next year, a sponsor at the bottom of a Rugby is just TACKY. I don't even like Newcastle or Parramatta because they have that writing underneath the number. I hope that this doesn't catch on.

My Penrith one is nearly finished so that will leave me with Parramatta to do. After this I'll probably do another League, I haven't made my mind up on what yet.

sig.png

Nice work Gaz. I really like that Tigers white alternate, and the Broncos jerseys.

As for the real ones for next year, I assume that red Knights jersey is their new second jersey to go with the matching blue one? I hate the blue one and the red is worse. Bring back the Barca style red/blue vertical stripes that they won their ARL premiership in. That was a classic jersey.

After seeing the Lance Thompson-Cronulla press conference last week are the Sharkies going to the throwbacks fulltime? He was wearing one.

liverpool-1.png

tell ya what gazzzaf, I don't know much about rugby league, but I do know uniforms so I'll give my opinion a go.

Sharks: I like the sharkfin effect of the homes/aways, but my nod as the favorite of teh set has to be the third shirt

Tigers: the hexagon pattern you have on the shorts and home/away shirts remind me of a New Orleans Hornets concept I did a few years ago...basically, it would make sense for a team named Hornets, Stingers, Bees or the ilk but looks out of place for a team called Tigers IMO. the design itself is okay, not the greatest thing since sliced bread but I'd wear it.

Broncos: the sides resemble wings to me on the home and away. same thing I said about the Tigers' hex pattern, I'll say about this: it would make sense for a team with an avian name. broncos can't fly, IIRC. however, I love the third so much I would buy enough fabric to make 4-7 of em so I could wear it at least every other day.

heh, I finished making a Freo Dockers jumper last night and only need to put logos, numbers and such on tonight, so I'm in a real good mood :)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Love that Tiggers alternate strip, but I'm not feeling the H&A designs.

Sharkies, on the other hand...well it's all good! Although I'm not sure about the black number on the alt from a strictly practical standpoint.

Up until recently, Rugby League uniforms haven't really been symbolic of their mascot. In fact, some teams gained their name from their uniforms (the Tigers are one that come to mind). Teams have adopted some strange designs and most do not have anything to do with their mascot. The Tigers currently have a hexagon pattern in their design, as do the Panthers. They're just something I liked in their current designs that I have decided to put into mine.

A lot of people love the third designs for all the teams which are generally throwbacks (except the Dragons), mostly of them eighties/nineties throwbacks. I like to include them in the sets because the NRL has a theme week each year where teams where throwback jerseys to commemorate a grand final or a rivalry, etc...

I'm pretty sure the Sharks won't change to their throwback for next year. If anything, they might change their White Away strip to something else.

sig.png

Well as if the sponsor at the bottom (a la Eels) wasn't bad enough, the Dragons have St George AND OKI on there. Bleargh. Though in person the elongated V doesn't look *quite* as bad as the sketch looked. I'll see if I can get a photo of it when I go back into Dragons' territory tomorrow :P.

The Panthers home is similar to their current ones, and look fine; not sold on the white though; there's not enough black in it to properly reference the primary uniform. Perhaps if the teal and black were switched? I don't remember any chocolate in the Panthers' history but I don't really know anything about their history before their premiership; what was the incentive? I'd have expected you to have used a throwback to their 1992 (?) premiership jersey with the horizontal stripes.

The Eels kit is nice. Interesting that you've gone with the blue as the primary. I personally prefer the gold, but the blue throwback is awesome; very appropriate. I think it's interesting how strong the Eels identity is with just blue and gold, I don't know that introducing white was necessary. I would have expected the yellow striping to be the consistent element from their throwback?

I don't believe the Sharkies are going to throwbacks this season (though they did do quite well in them this year). I can't get over seeing Thompson in powder blue though; the man who said he'd die for the Dragons.

How does everyone think things will turn out next season, based on the changes? I'm incredibly curious to see how the Titans will go in 2007 too. We had better'd win next season because come 2007 (with Luke Bailey leaving) our defence is going to be sorely lacking.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

I went with chocolate and white as a reference to the pre-1991 Panthers. For the first 25 years in the NSWRL the Panthers wore Brown and Tan (or White).

I made the main Eels to blue because the Eels generally wore Blue through most of their history as opposed to gold (the association of the alt to the Eels only proves this moreso). When I had the stripes on the main and reverse as gold or blue, the panels adjacent to them made the inner stripe disappear (and I wanted to keep the 4 stripes as a reference to the past as well as keep the designs consistent), I tried white panels with gold stripes and it looked worse.

If and when you can get proper pics of St Georges new designs, could you post them here. From what I've heard, not too many people will be happy.

sig.png

Archived