Bowling Green breaks out alternates

iowahoo

As to whether the jerseys will be available for sale- very doubtful.

SBX sells replica "Sportex" jerseys which for replicas are pretty good. There is also an online company Athlete-Tech.com that sells replicas.

I"ve brought this up before there is no place to get either authentic or replica adidas Bowling Green jerseys.

Some of you fashionistas are saying "they should have matched this and that" At BG we are lucky to get what we get-meaning we can't call adidas and say "get us a new uniform set, top and bottom," and a throwback helmet would be out of the question finanncially.

I was quite happy to see them come out of the tunnel with the browns- something that die hards have longed to see since we switched to orange in the early 90s. In fact at the game on Tuesday the team warmed up in their normal orange home tops and switched to the throwback-style browns before kickoff. Pretty sweet move if you ask me.

fade.gif

As to whether the jerseys will be available for sale- very doubtful.

SBX sells replica "Sportex" jerseys which for replicas are pretty good. There is also an online company Athlete-Tech.com that sells replicas.

I"ve brought this up before there is no place to get either authentic or replica adidas Bowling Green jerseys.

Some of you fashionistas are saying "they should have matched this and that" At BG we are lucky to get what we get-meaning we can't call adidas and say "get us a new uniform set, top and bottom," and a throwback helmet would be out of the question finanncially.

I was quite happy to see them come out of the tunnel with the browns- something that die hards have longed to see since we switched to orange in the early 90s. In fact at the game on Tuesday the team warmed up in their normal orange home tops and switched to the throwback-style browns before kickoff. Pretty sweet move if you ask me.

I liked the unis myself too...eveb as just a casual observer, as I was watching the game, I could tell they were throwbacks...and I don't even follow Bowling Green football. I liked 'em...

Here is what the BGSU brown alternate/throwbacks were meant to resemble, Bowling Green's 1978 tops which were brown and white. Check out the comical falcon adorning the helmets in this pic:

wright.jpg

Throwback/alternate's from Tuesday:

hl4l8302-lg.jpg

Here is what the away uniforms looked like in '78:

.weird.jpg

And with all these pictures from Tuesday people saying BG looks bad for the one-time mismatching pants/jersey conformity, check out the pant stripes Toledo wears on purpose all season that do not line up at all with the stripes on their jerseys. .

fade.gif

• 5 months later...
iowahoo, were these throwbacks available for sale at the game? I kinda like 'em, and can't fin any online. Let me know if you know where I might be able to find them. Thanks buddy!

Just to drag up this ooooolllllllddddd thread . .. .

Due to the workings of myself and some other helpful people replicas of the Bowling Green Jerseys worn in the season ending Toledo game are now available. They are produced by Sportex, a company that does a fine job making replicas. Especially for little ole schools like BG that adidas won't do authentics for. . .

I am very happy with my brown falcons jersey:

brown004.jpg

omarbrown.jpg

fade.gif

iowahoo, were these throwbacks available for sale at the game? I kinda like 'em, and can't fin any online. Let me know if you know where I might be able to find them. Thanks buddy!

Just to drag up this ooooolllllllddddd thread . .. .

Due to the workings of myself and some other helpful people replicas of the Bowling Green Jerseys worn in the season ending Toledo game are now available. They are produced by Sportex, a company that does a fine job making replicas. Especially for little ole schools like BG that adidas won't do authentics for. . .

I am very happy with my brown falcons jersey:

brown004.jpg

omarbrown.jpg

hey iowahoo....where can you get 'em buddy???

Archived